GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone wroestar here..............I'm still on this planet..........got a bit of time at work today so thought I would have a browse

I can't believe (unless I've missed it) that there isn't a thread about Virgin Radio this morning !
So there I was at 07:10 "tootling" down the Uxbrigdge Rd in Acton in me SMART (R32 tucked away in garage now), listening to Virgin radio. An easy listening show with a chap called Daryl Denham. In the background squeeking away is Vicky Butler-H (she reads the travel news and laughs alot). Suddenly Denham says to VBH
"oi Vicky, you know your mate Clarkson........he's been sacked"
VBH replies in vague terms to which Denham repeats the above several times.
Finally VBH says "your joking?, you serious?, nooooo........squeek squeek"
"Yeh" he says, "He's been sacked apparently from a very exclusive club by its members. The Nissan Skyline Owners club have sacked him as honorary president of their club cos they're not happy about something he said about their cars on his program last week"
They then go into a bit of banter about "What....A Nissan??" etc yawn etc.
Denham then suggests that as VBH is a complete petrol head she aught to apply for the now open position.
VBH starts to growl and snarl enthusiastically "cooor they're rocket ships, absolutely brilliant cars". She then goes on to try and explain to Denham plus all the others in the studio that Skylines are not just any old Nissan etc etc.

Well I've browsed all the comment about THAT program last sunday (I didn't see it myself)............And I'm bound to say I think she's up for it.........and I think she would also like to be our next honorary president-ete (daaaaaaaa)

How about Ronnie tempting her with his Rocket!!!!!!!!!!
Gary tempting her with his Beast
Henry with his carbon bonett,
or Dirk with his sideburns or Guy with his enormous.......appetite

:D :D :D
Best regards to all you fellow Skyline infatuated folk
wroestar

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Interesting, the spokeswoman said the were "honest views". So, was it just a view that 'disks explode'? or was it just the view of Top Gear that 'they've only been making them since the R32'?

Can someone tell TG the difference betwen a view (opinion) and fact. Clearly they have no idea about that either!

Sorry JC...............................Bye!

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
No. 1 - It takes something special to make John Wroe resurface:D
No. 2 - Jamie went through with it then......wait for Sunday night:eek:

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
And I'd prefer to keep it there.

It wasn't sanctioned and SHOULD NOT represent the views of this website.

In Spitting Image, the reporters were all portrayed as pigs.

Now I know why.

Cem

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Apologies..

.. didn't mean to stir up hornets nest - just thought that the line we were taking was low key - which was surprised when I saw the mirror thread which was the opposite of what I thought would happen

'nuf said from me

·
Registered
766 Posts
those media types musnt have much to do really, they must sit there all day searching through every website they can find to get stuff like that. i never thought something we all said in a couple of threads would get put up as "quotes" by news reporters. Naivety (sp?) probably

·
Registered
994 Posts
Rocking on Wroestar

Virgin Radio.........:D

Shin,
He`s still alive and kicking.;)

Henry.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Clarkson

Cem,
This may be your web site mate and you can ban me for life if you want but I feel VBH would be best for us Skyline owners.

I feel the majority of us,me included, don`t like Clarkson full stop.
Vickey is our girl,I`d vote for her to represent our New Club as Honorary President and for all the right reasons.

You should not and indeed haven`t the right to act as GOD.You own this Forum and thats all mate.

Moderate this post and I`m gone for good!

Henry.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Henry,

Easier said than done.

If the Mirror and Virgin radio have gone to town, advertising false speculation and heresay, then I, as owner of this forum, run the risk of being liable for any legal action that Top Gear/Jeremy Clarkson may want to pursue.

To have your name displayed on the newspapers and radio stations claiming to have been sacked by an institution you've probably never heard doesn't define 'good PR'. I'd be pretty annoyed if I were him, it's grosse misrepresentation.

The Mirror newspaper claim today that we sacked him from his position of President of the Register, which simply put is not true.

As for moderating posts, it would interest you to know that it was JamieM that deleted his post, in turn deleting the whole thread. Nothing to do with me. Besides, I told Jamie to do what he wanted and show that you were a disgruntled owner, but keep the website out of it.

All I'm doing is protecting my interests, I'm upset that you think I act as God.

For what it's worth, I actually think VBH would be a fantastic representative of the club. She's energetic, she's a celebrity and most importantly, she's publically stated her love for the Skyline. She's also a mega fox, but I'm sure that's nothing to do with it.

I've emailed JC and asked if he minds we replace him with VBH. Let's wait and see what he says.

Cem

·
Registered
364 Posts
how do they get away with it?they've just gone ahead with the article with no say so?someone has to have tipped them off surely,there as bad as top gear!clarkson will probably take the p1ss on sunday,he usually does.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts