GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lo,
I'm in the process of setting up something which provides 3d visualisation services to mainstream sectors.
The idea is that I can bring 3D services to sectors who have previously been unable to afford them due to high cost.

Anyway,I thought this might be of some interest to the readers here as I think you'll apprecite the subject in this particuliar video-clip:)

Skyline R34 (Right Click Save Target As)
It's a low resolution of 464x368 and the rendering is not final so has a lot more potential than what is seen here.

Here's a sample picture.

Also if anyone has a Blue Skyline R34 in South Wales and would be interested in letting me record some sounds and also doing some video stuff please drop me a line at [email protected].

Payment comes in the form of food and fuel+credit and your car being seen by a lot of people if we do a video.

I'm thinking something along the lines of a real-life skyline blasting down a section of the road (possibly a tunnel sequence for time constraints) then as it passes the camera it will turn into computer graphics and take over.

It would be a hobby type thing to satisfy my interest in skylines and computers.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Not too sure about the render scene and lighting set up to be honest. For a pre-rendered movie its ok but I have seen a lot better. Thats me being blatantly honest though.

I've been doing this sort of work myself for the last 3 years, but for gaming platforms and to be honest, it doesn't compare to the visuals of a game let alone any of the pre-rendered cut scenes.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks but swf/flv are not decoding it properly.
Still use my original link if you want to see it in higher quality.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not too sure about the render scene and lighting set up to be honest. For a pre-rendered movie its ok but I have seen a lot better. Thats me being blatantly honest though.

I've been doing this sort of work myself for the last 3 years, but for gaming platforms and to be honest, it doesn't compare to the visuals of a game let alone any of the pre-rendered cut scenes.
This is NOT a pre-rendered movie it's running in real-time with a few cheap effects to fake reflections on floor.
Which means I should either take that as a compliment or cast a critical eye over your judgement:)

There's not even any reflections on the car and it's running at 1/3 the resolution of any comparable game let alone any pre-rendered movie which would have the luxury of a bizillion rendering effects (that you're comparing it too) that are not apparent in this scene and would have a huge impact on scene quality.

The BG is just a low poly template (being ditched for a plain white BG) and texture sizes are currently limited to 256x256.

I'll hopefully be doing some pre-rendered stuff in the future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts