GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a chat with Dudesvr recently I've been looking at fuel system upgrades. In part as just dropping walbro 485's into the stock set up could overload the stock wiring. I'd also like to give my IDC as much headroom as possible and basic research suggests with the same injectors it (the Visconti set up) can reduce IDC by 10% / 15%.

Visconti drop in factory system looks good and is plug and play and can get an upgraded hard wire kit too.

Would like it to support around 850hp / 1000bhp.

Anyone any feedback on this set up and/or recommendations on where to buy (I've seen both on UK Ebay for around £1100)

Or, any alternatives that could support that sort of power for that sort of price?

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Over at GTRlife a number of users have had reliability issues with the Visconti kit.

Visconti fuel basket problem - Page 5 - Engine - GT-R Life

Appears to be issues with the sharpness of the barbed connector and the corresponding tubing.

The Fore Innovations twin pump setup gets great reviews and personally I wouldn***8217;t chance anything with regards fuelling.

·
Premium Member
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Over at GTRlife a number of users have had reliability issues with the Visconti kit.

Visconti fuel basket problem - Page 5 - Engine - GT-R Life

Appears to be issues with the sharpness of the barbed connector and the corresponding tubing.

The Fore Innovations twin pump setup gets great reviews and personally I wouldn’t chance anything with regards fuelling.

Interesting Andy thanks. Been reading up on this. Seems it was on the initially released version and the later model has been changed to do anyway with this.

Still quite a few recommending it so it could be an option. But would do my head in to fit that looking for piece of mind and then have those issues..

John, thanks. Will have a look.

Ultimately once the engine and turbos are fitted I don't see myself pushing much further in terms of power, even if I do more to the box (which is the main limiting factor at the moment as its only partially built).

After more research I'm still of the view that fitting walbro 485's (probably with a hobbs switch) to the stock basket is going to be adequate for my needs. More research to do. I certainly don't want to be spending £1k plus on a fuel system that isn't actually necessary at this point.

·
Premium Member
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man alive! I just read the last 6 or 7 pages of that thread Andy. Seems the JV basket had more than just hose/barb issues. What a pain in the ass.

Looks like he has made a number of changes in the last 6 months, so if that sorts it then ok but would need to be careful about ending up with old stock.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
For such an engine vital component I***8217;d want something with no history of multivarious issues. Like you say it***8217;s not just one component but a range of issues that may or may not be related to the design and implementation.

With other options around that haven***8217;t had problems reported I***8217;d be wary of betting on this one.

Just my opinion of course

1 - 7 of 7 Posts