GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I know that recently HKS released a new version of the 2530's that have more potential power. I am in the process of possibly buying a set of 2530's from a friend however I want to make sure that they are the second version before I do.

If anyone could tell me any visual differences or markings that I can look for to ensure that these are indeed V2 ones that I am buying and not V1 then I would greatly appreciate it! Also please bear in mind that I do not have a V1 and V2 sitting side by side to directly compare, so please dont say bigger wheel or something like that. Thanks for all the help guys.

-Sayajin

·
Registered
717 Posts
from what i understand there is no version 1 or 2 just 2530's and then replaced by the newer GT RS version.

If i am wrong please correct me but i think thats the case

·
Registered
292 Posts
from what i understand there is no version 1 or 2 just 2530's and then replaced by the newer GT RS version.

If i am wrong please correct me but i think thats the case
Not sure if i'm right either but aren't the GT-RS turbos closer to GT28 specs rather than GT25 specs? And the GT-SS more like 2510's-2530's? Could be wrong as well.

·
Registered
292 Posts
GT-R Turbos Check out the outputs each is capable of though. :S

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
From Info if I remember.

GT-SS has 2 version. Version2 is the current 280PS rating one. Can't remember what the version1 was, something around 260PS I thought...

2530 has only 1 version released for the GTR and that is no longer avaliable. There is a 2530 Kai version, but that is for a EJ20 and a demo VQ35 on a stand. As far as I know, there has not been a planned release for the GTR.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The GT-SS had 2 main Versions:
The original was a 280ps set up, similar to the GT28R garrett
The second and current version is 320 ps. This is basically a GT2530
with some minor revisions.

There is the GT2530 KAI which is available for the RB25 and RB20. This is rated at about 380 ps just under the GT-RS. It is not available for the GTR

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Strange that it is not available for the Gtr, I am building a 34 at the moment which has 2530Kai's, IIRC Durzels 34 also had Kai 2530's.

Rob

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Strange that it is not available for the Gtr, I am building a 34 at the moment which has 2530Kai's, IIRC Durzels 34 also had Kai 2530's.

Rob
Good luck with that - I'd like to know how it works out. Almost went that path myself.
Durzel's car cannot have had 2530Kai's - they came out after he'd sold it.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
My confusion comes from the owner of the 34 having them, not sure at what point he owned the car though.

Am hoping the car will produce the goods :D

Rob

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Good luck with that - I'd like to know how it works out. Almost went that path myself.
Durzel's car cannot have had 2530Kai's - they came out after he'd sold it.

Bean.....Durzels car was owned/built by Gerry and he purchsed the 2530 kai turbos from Gary at GT-Art.

Do you know something different??

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Bean.....Durzels car was owned/built by Gerry and he purchsed the 2530 kai turbos from Gary at GT-Art.

Do you know something different??
The only thing I 'know' is that the HKS 2530Kai's came out after Durzel had sold his car. Did Gerry have the car before or after Durzel - I can't remember?

Additionally, the 2530Kai has never been provided in a GTR kit. You have to buy two individual ones and modify them to fit the GTR manifold etc - I almost did this - but in the end decided to stick with GTSSs.

If Gerry did have the car afterwards and did have real 2530Kai's, then I'd love to hear how it worked out ?

'Kai' is a funny term (basically meaning 'modified'), perhaps in this case it just means they were modified 2530s rather than the actual HKS 2530Kai's.

I'm sure Durzel or Gerry will fill in the gaps.....

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
The only thing I 'know' is that the HKS 2530Kai's came out after Durzel had sold his car. Did Gerry have the car before or after Durzel - I can't remember?

Additionally, the 2530Kai has never been provided in a GTR kit. You have to buy two individual ones and modify them to fit the GTR manifold etc - I almost did this - but in the end decided to stick with GTSSs.

If Gerry did have the car afterwards and did have real 2530Kai's, then I'd love to hear how it worked out ?

'Kai' is a funny term (basically meaning 'modified'), perhaps in this case it just means they were modified 2530s rather than the actual HKS 2530Kai's.

I'm sure Durzel or Gerry will fill in the gaps.....

Bean, Gerry owned and built the car before he sold it to Durzel......however im not sure what happened to the car after it was sold on.

You say the turbo's were removed?.....do we know why and did anyone see them to confirm they were'nt 2530Kai's?.......im pretty sure Gary confirmed they were 2530 kai's as he supplied and fitted them, aswell as mapping the car.

They did seem to perform very well as Gerry and Durzel will confirm.....off the top of my head i think the car made 530bhp @ 1.1bar on a stock engine with no uprated cams and was still running standard injectors, standard intercooler and from what i remember the airbox and exhaust were also restricing the preformance.

Am i right in thinking the 2530 kai's have a larger rear housing to allow them to make more power???.........how can you identify these turbo's??

Harry

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I think you may have misunderstood what I said - I didn't say the turbos were removed, I said they came out - meaning that HKS released them for sale after Durzel had sold the car.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I think you may have misunderstood what I said - I didn't say the turbos were removed, I said they came out - meaning that HKS released them for sale after Durzel had sold the car.

Yes sorry misunderstood you there!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Guys the Turbos that Gerry had on the car were infact 2530Kansai's not sure if this is the same as Kai's but i can gurantee you thats what went in there as i was there when Gary showed and sold them to Gerry.

Tony

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Guys the Turbos that Gerry had on the car were infact 2530Kansai's not sure if this is the same as Kai's but i can gurantee you thats what went in there as i was there when Gary showed and sold them to Gerry.

Tony
Thanks Tony - they are different. The most obvious giveaway for 2530Kai's is the ported shroud.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts