GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at short notice i'm going to japan

does anyone know of any skyline meets or anywhere to get any wheels from in the Tokyo area?

Also can anyone recommend any alloy (obviously) wheel types?

Does anyone recommend a decent but good value intercooler ?

What are the other most sensible mods to make?

I've already got steel turbo's (ooooH I hear the cries), cam's and an oil cooler.

look forward to hearing from you all

best regards

Charles

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Wheels

Visit Super Autobacs to get a wide choice of wheels.
Rays/Volk or Nismo are still the items of choice for GT-Rs usually.

DCD and hipogtr can fill you in on meets much better than I.

Where in Japan are you going ? Is it a visit or more permanent ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm on my way back from Japan, Yokohama, found Autobacs and not at all surprised to see how much stuff they had going on! very impressed indeed.

Picked up a few things.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tremendous response

many thanks to: mr. tokyo drew, mr bean, Mr. andy black and another chap who's name I can't locate on this very uncomplicated ,unconfusing,easy to navigate forum (or is it just me) ?

As tokyo drew and 'other chap' recommended I e-mailed DCD and he's exchanged e-mails and more or less given me a plan of action , where to go etc.

Does anyone know what the japanese for skyline is as it aint in my english-japanese phrasebook?

Well i'm off tomorra so betta pack the old suitcase (leacing room for a few wheels, boosty controller (cheers DCD), to be fitted by 'THE MAIN MAN', a headlight ( exciting sounding componment), air filters, (used to live in manchester) and (drum roll) some top link bushes ( am not ngoing to make any more (as they only lasted a year!!!!)

enough wingeing.

I shall return.

thakyou respondents..

·
Registered
58 Posts
I found enough people in Tokyo and Yokohama that spoke reasonable English and they knew the areas on the maps for the kind of suppliers I was looking for. The japanese are very friendly people, ask a few locals when your there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts