GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I am definately all for organising our entry into some of these type of events this year.

This maybe worth looking into as a club entry, is it at Bruntingthorpe? Dates?

A quick look at their forum though reveals:

"Our noise limits are 98dba static test at ¾ max revs ½ m & 45 degrees from the exhaust and 87.5 dba track side drive by"

This will rule a lot of us out straight away.

Plus a lot of other (Porsche) owners are going to hate us, :). Based on RAF Marham our cars will be in the 170s plus straight away, so we might find they'll be reluctant to take entries from us.

RAF Marham with the MLR and Fighting Torque are two other event possibilities.

Only other thing to consider is that top speed runs can chew engines very quickly if there is the slightest weakness in the map.

This year I'm going to suggest to anyone doing serious top speed runs to consider using high octane race fuel and recessed tip race plugs for engine safety and if possible have their cars mapped or checked on race fuel before the event.

I've fitted 4.1 diffs so i'm (only) geared for 198 mph at 8000 rpm.... lol!

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Malcolm, given your damaged shoulder I feel duty bound to offer my services to drive your car for you (since mine is still in pieces).

But never fear, you won't be left out! You can actively participate by pouring the race fuel in the tank beforehand...........

And I promise not to go over 9000RPM.......

In top....................

:D

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
yours'll be fixed i'm sure.

but yeah you can drive mine - rev limiter is set to 8400... doubt it'd pull that anyway...

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
There's also a charity track day at Marham which is really well worth doing. It uses the long straight (well most of it!) but requires some circuit driving as well. If you're going to talk to Marham, can you ask them about this as well (it's on a weekend) and get me the details so I can add it to the events list for 2010 :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts