GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Judging by the corresponding vids on YT it says GT-R at 650bhp & 911 Turbo at 650bhp (assuming i'm watching the correct vids).

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mines a stage 4 with downpipes and when i raced my bro he seem to be moving away a little faster from me at just over 100mph they where approaching 200mph and he took a bit more time to over take him.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
mines a stage 4 with downpipes and when i raced my bro he seem to be moving away a little faster from me at just over 100mph they where approaching 200mph and he took a bit more time to over take him.
If you're stage 4 then you'll be running around 620-630.

Different cars on different days. Is your Brother actually running 650bhp as that's quite a lot of work to a Porsche Turbo to get to 650?

Brunters is tricky as the surface is really poor so it's possible the GT-R was trying harder &/or had slightly better grip. Also widely believed that the right lane is quicker.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Yes, that's me. I am stage 4.25. I was running an 18psi map and was wishing I was on the 20psi setting as was packing a few more MPH at the end, but that said as soon as I hit 6th the power or aero let him reel me back in. He said afterwards it was the closest run he had all day. Mentioned he was running 650ish. I notice in the vid actually he has a 9e sticker on the side which is the tuning shop that made the crazy 911 that got top speed on the day running "only" 60% power due to a boost leak.

Next year will be rear spoiler off which should help in 6th.

Edit: Just noticed you mentioned it's your bro. What spec is his 911 then? Also, I didn't notice any difference in lanes other than the left one having some crap on it and being a bit crashy towards the end if you weren't careful with your placement. It also nables you to get a better exit from the corner going onto the main straight. My top speeds were similar either way.

Here is the clip from my car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAM8S03p2Ys

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im not in the country at the moment i will message him and find out the exact spec i don't think he has had any internal work i do know he has had a few bits as they used his car for testing on there new products.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just checked he has a y pipe gt2 rs turbos and intercooler full exhuast well not much as its short as hell with the engine being in back and remap. Im the same when i launch he can't catch me over 100mph he starts reeling me in but remember his car is almost 300kg lighter than ours so that certainly makes at difference once it gets going and it pulls hard he was hitting speeds of 205mph.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Just checked he has a y pipe gt2 rs turbos and intercooler full exhuast well not much as its short as hell with the engine being in back and remap. Im the same when i launch he can't catch me over 100mph he starts reeling me in but remember his car is almost 300kg lighter than ours so that certainly makes at difference once it gets going and it pulls hard he was hitting speeds of 205mph.
Quite a bit done then:)

Would expect a similar power GT-R to get off the line quicker as you say & catch up over 100 so was as expected.

Now had it been a 991 Turbo S then the off the line would have been very different as those cars are brutal & consistent. Always hitting 62 in 2.8secs time & time again. It's amazing how they launch.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
well funny you say that here is a videos for you VMAX200 EvoMax: Porsche 991 Turbo S vs Porsche 997 Turbo - YouTube i was expecting better.

But this on the other hand made it look like he was driving a fiesta VMAX200 EvoMax: Ferrari La Ferrari vs Porsche 997 Turbo - YouTube
Search for the video of the 991 Turbo S vs the LaF as the Pork out dragged it.

In that 1st vid, the 991 flies off the line. No surprise the 997 caught it up over 100 as it's carrying how much extra power, 140bhp?

Same happened at the last VMAX where 2 x 991 Turbo S were constantly battering everything off the line.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.