GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I have a sat nav car picked up one week ago. The voice recognition seems to activate intermittently. Sometimes I can press the voice button on the steering wheel and it immediately goes into voice recognition and works perfectly. Most of the time though I press the button and nothing happens.... if I then go into settings and voice recognition and then press the voice button it will then work...... seems to then be fine until ignition switched off and then back to square one again????
Spoke to HPC and they said nobody else had experienced this problem. The only explanation they gave was that the system can take up to 5 minutes to boot up! I have left it for way longer than this and it has made no difference.... (unless I go into settings, voice recognition and then press voice button as said earlier).
Has anyone else had this problem and if so did you find a solution?
By the way can I just say what a car.... bloody love it!!! Feel like a dog with two ****'s!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Yes, v350 is right. I've already commented on this on http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/125569-r35s-silly-wee-things-4.html#post1183789

The first time I saw this problem was during my handover, and the GT-R tech didn't know the solution at that time. However, I got one of the very first sat-nav cars and, as we all know, there are no manuals for the revised MFD yet, so it's not really surprising that this problem isn't well known. Anybody that drives with the Sat-Nav screen on by default will never see the issue.

I have never seen anything to suggest that the system takes 5 minutes to boot up. The only feature that doesn't appear to be available immediately is access to the address book from your phone. The address book seems to download every time you start the car, so I sometimes can't make calls to address book numbers at the very beginning of a journey.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fella's much appreciated will try in the morning! Shame the HPC's don't have the answers really!

·
Registered
723 Posts
HPCs don't know anyting about the SatNav yet...
I was giving some SatNav lessons to the HPC in Vienna while I was on the 2000km optimisation...
The thing with voice reocgnition is like some of you said, it works after you "OK" the screen after selecting MAP, INFO or some other screens...
Just get used to it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts