GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What are these worth???

These are original 2/3piece Split rims - Volk Racing - Super light weight Magnesium Alloys - They are the rarer, sort after collectable ones - Can't believe how LIGHT they are when you pick them up - I hunted for years to get an original perfect cond pair.

They are in need of a polish up/ refurb... there's NO damage/ scuffs or ANYTHING - TOTALLY MINT condition - Just the serface laquer on the dish has flaked of in places - the Dishes are Diamond cut- not polished - they have a very slight cutting mark all the way round if you look closely which shows up any damage or repairs - and you can see these are perfect.
The centres need a repaint too and while their stripped I'd get the bolts rechromed/plated.
Been quoted £45-£55 a wheel for refurb. but they look mint until you get close.
These are a Conosur wheel and are very well respected. currently have Dunlop Simi-slick tyres on
Seen them go for £1500-£1700 mint (thats with or with out tyres)

Let me know what I could get for them - I'm looking for some 18's really - but need to be tastefull.............

like these perhaps

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/132611-18x9-5in-et12-volk-te37-g2-tyres.html

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Youtube

do you have a rough guide price.
Here's a video of my car with the wheels on in brighter condition. - they are the original wheels - looked for these for that long that I found them on the car and ended selling my car to buy this one.
YouTube - Top Secret R32 GTR

Logic tells me that to spend £200 kwid on a refurb or even £300 no expence spared - tey'd stand me to min £1500, with tires too!

But I'm willing to look nearer a £grand all in - Wheels - tires - original centre caps and prestine condition - other than all the surface wear..... even got the original Volks centre nut spanner....

Whats yaal think?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
726 Posts
would you be interested in a set of crome Rota torques all in good condition with new tyres

·
Registered
28 Posts
i've got these wheels as well but with rays centre caps. i got my car a month ago, the car is a fresh import, they were perfect until i went a 40 mile drive through glasgow. the pot holes have given me a few light grazes on two of the wheels and a pinky nail size chunk out one of them, absolutely gutted. i'm tempted to swap mine before i end up making them unrepairable. i've taken advice on them and they're all repairable. i just don't like the heart sink as i go down a pot hole, i think i'll try find someone to trade their wheels in plus cash.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i've got these wheels as well but with rays centre caps. i got my car a month ago, the car is a fresh import, they were perfect until i went a 40 mile drive through glasgow. the pot holes have given me a few light grazes on two of the wheels and a pinky nail size chunk out one of them, absolutely gutted. i'm tempted to swap mine before i end up making them unrepairable. i've taken advice on them and they're all repairable. i just don't like the heart sink as i go down a pot hole, i think i'll try find someone to trade their wheels in plus cash.
They've got the centre caps?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here's mine, are these the same? i always wondered what they were so thanks for posting. are yours 18s as well mate?

The middle looks the same but diff caps and the dish looks slight diff- is it polished. Mine are 17inch. That was the biggest size when these were bought. Lol

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
these are nice wheels! are the magnesium wheels 'softer' than other wheels? i heard the standard r32 gtr wheels were mag too
Not sure about that - just know they're substantially lighter than Aly.
Even with the tire on, I was really shocked when I picked one up - it actually shot upwards when my brother lifted it off the hub as he was compensating for the weight that much!!!

·
Registered
726 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts