GTR Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
So it's been a while here on the forum, but there was an update due.

So I've got The Vredestein on the car for more than 1,5 years.
I bought them back in April 2016 and they're still on the car.
The car had driven 50k km not miles , and now I'm on 67k.
So 17k on them and even a track day in between and they still have probably 3,5 mm thread left(will check soon for the exact).

So on wear there still on par with the Dunlops, I did 25k on each Dunlop set. I had an extra set and they weren't available here so went with the Vredesteins.

On grip wise, I don't see these have less grip, I'd probably say the grip is even a bit better on dry and rain.

Still miss the Dunlops in these cold days cause those were all season.

I paid €810 Euro for a complete set which is 720£ and for this price there is now way I could have bought the Dunlops.

My next tires will definitely be Vredesteins and these even look better than the Dunlops

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I would have these again no problems. I only got 6k miles out of them though. Since these I have run cup2 and now mpss. Glad you're enjoying them still

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would have these again no problems. I only got 6k miles out of them though. Since these I have run cup2 and now mpss. Glad you're enjoying them still
Yep, yeah I do highway mostly, maybe that's why. Now I'm doing less miles on the highway so probably won't last that long.

·
Premium Member
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Quick update. reminded of this thread from another one running at the moment.

Since my last post, I have now changed the cup 2s and am now on MPSS. With a small number of caveats, I would 100% recommend these vreds as viable alternatives to the regular offerings. They ride well with less bounce than the mpss. More akin to the cups. they also performed well in wet or dry and right down to the last 1mm of tread.

The caveats are:
-I would like to run a 285/295 set up some time. I'm not sure these tyres come in the 295 size but things may have changed.
-they only lasted me 6000 miles, but others posts suggest they could last longer with gentle / pure road use - but they are much cheaper so not that much of an issue
- I'm running 295/325 mpss on oem rims which is probably pushing it. Perhaps the 265-375/305 or better yet 285/295 profiles would ride differently
- i've never run R888s - they could be amazing

So in summary, they are worth a try.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Quick update. reminded of this thread from another one running at the moment.

Since my last post, I have now changed the cup 2s and am now on MPSS. With a small number of caveats, I would 100% recommend these vreds as viable alternatives to the regular offerings. They ride well with less bounce than the mpss. More akin to the cups. they also performed well in wet or dry and right down to the last 1mm of tread.

The caveats are:
-I would like to run a 285/295 set up some time. I'm not sure these tyres come in the 295 size but things may have changed.
-they only lasted me 6000 miles, but others posts suggest they could last longer with gentle / pure road use - but they are much cheaper so not that much of an issue
- I'm running 295/325 mpss on oem rims which is probably pushing it. Perhaps the 265-375/305 or better yet 285/295 profiles would ride differently
- i've never run R888s - they could be amazing

So in summary, they are worth a try.
I ride with the OEM 265/305 setup don't know if your preferred size matches.

·
Premium Member
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
that's not the OEM sizes bud as they are 255/285. They are however the sizes I ran the vreds on though and wrote the original review on.

My view is the 285/295 set up will be even better

81 - 86 of 86 Posts