GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this sounds a bit daft but here goes, Ive blown my mercedes c-class 180 engine and I need another run about car instead of clocking skyline miles.
Anyway I have spent some money on that merc which is mainly body and interior (not much to engine) and I wanna keep the chassis.

I do have a VW Golf TDI engine doing nothing.
You can see where Im going with this, anyway would it be doable, insurable etc

The plus if this works is, For my business I get cheaper diesel so Ill be running the car cheaper. :confused:

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I think you will be looking at a huge amount of work for little gain TBH. From memory, the VW groups TDI is transverse rather than longitudinal. The VW is FWD versus the C-Class as RWD. I would personally concentrate on finding another 180K engine, repair it, sell it and buy a diesel...

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:mad: I was affraid of that, I was seeing if I could save some extra money for mods. Cheers mate

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I think you will be looking at a huge amount of work for little gain TBH. From memory, the VW groups TDI is transverse rather than longitudinal. The VW is FWD versus the C-Class as RWD. I would personally concentrate on finding another 180K engine, repair it, sell it and buy a diesel...
Yes on VW, but in Audi's same engine is longitudinal. Agree, will be a major job. You would have to make adaptor plate to match g/box to engine, plus new engine mounts. Big job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts