GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm looking at getting myself a new car. Although I love the Skyline GTR's there is no chance at all of affording one, so am looking at GTS's instead. Firstly what sort of prices am I looking at (for any year back as far as 1993), where to buy one from, what to look for, and most importantly what is the GTS's performance like????

Sorry for all the questions :D

P.S. At the mo i have a 150bhp Pug 106, but just want something bigger and a bit faster.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Matt,

Is this the type of thing you are looking for.

R34 Nissan Skyline GT-Turbo 1998(S). Yellow, 29,000 Miles, 280BHP, Auto/Tip, factory fitted Nismo body kit, PAS, 4WS, T/C, E/W, CD/NAV/TV, Climate, FSH. Insurance approved Security. Was £14,995, Now £14,250 for quick sale. Tel 07900 907224

Thanks to the chap on scoobynet for the advert !

With regards to teh other information, I am pretty useless, hopefully one of the other *cough* anoraks, will answer.

Regards,

Paul ;)

PS - E - mail me for a piccy of cut and paste this: http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?threadid=104040

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is, BUT £4k too far over my maximum budget :( I'm not sure if I can join the ranks of Skyline owner with only £10k to be honest :(

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
ahh

Look on the for sale threads here, STU is selling his R33 GTS which has been tuned at GT Art for £ 10K.

Exactly what you should be looking for, it whips GTR's and is still a GTS - fantastic buy.

Glad to help.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Look elsewhere other than Charlesworth as they always tend to be very, very over priced as the car listed on this thread from them is about 3k over priced. Seen the car myself and its standard apart from the replica GTR spoiler.

As said Stu's car is a bargin as the mods on it would cost more than the car to do:D

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Charlesworths come recommended by me.

I would dispute that. I bought my R34 GTR from Lloyd at Charlesworths. Apart from cracking service, I got a perfect car at a superb price.
10 months down the road and I've had no problems whatsoever.

Cem

·
Registered
865 Posts
My point Blow Dog is that its a 94 Gtst that is standard, at 10K its over priced.

I agree u would have had a good deal as you have a newer car and can compare its price to a UK GTR where as you can't with an r33 gtst as it was never sold via nissan here so u have no idea what deal u r getting.

I know this as I bought my car from there that was 3k over priced and seems to be the trend with the gts. If look at companys such as warrander in Barnton where RC Developments are you can pick up a newer Series 2 gtst on a 97 plate for 10k with less miles on the clock.

Not kocking there service level just there price with regards 2 gts prices. Lloyd was a nice man when we got are 2nd car from there but found James better myself when we got are 1st, maybe coz he's closer to my age.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yeah i think they can make a profit on the gts as you can't really compare to a Uk spec can u, other wise they have some pretty good deals.

Noticed the past few months they have seemed to scale down there skyline selection?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now I'm gonna sound like a thick muppet, but what are the differences between an R33 GTS and an R32 GTR? This is quite funny as on the Pug forum I normally answer to questions along these line! Strange to be on the other end.

Also I know you guys are gonna be a little (ahem) biased, but is there any other turbo charged Jap beast which could be a suitable alternative to a GTS R33?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi Matt

I own a R32 gts-t type M, quoted to have 250hp stock but I myself am not sure about this. I dunno about the pricing in UK but performance wise, its pretty good, of course not comparing to the GTR, however once the turbo kicks in (at about 3000rpm) it starts moving along just fine and at 5000rpm it really flies.

And I've read online that some people have tuned this car until up to 400hp

check out this website:

http://homepages.tig.com.au/~robs/skyline_index.htm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts