GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking after a blank Nismo/GTR-key, even though i know they are discontinued by Nissan now, but i believe that somebody might have one laying around.

Anybody? :p

Regards,
J

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
The GTR version is not discontinued, got my spare one from my local friendly Nissan dealer just a few months ago, and I was not charged the earth either, they even cut it for free as well.

·
Registered
656 Posts
The GTR version is not discontinued, got my spare one from my local friendly Nissan dealer just a few months ago, and I was not charged the earth either, they even cut it for free as well.
I don't suppose you've got the part number?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same as above in ebay link? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Adding on the postage for the UK on the ebay link above I actually paid a couple of quid more at the Nissan dealership, but, there is not just one blank, you have to get the right blank for your car. The one I have is for a R33 GTR (BCNR33) and the Nissan Part number is KEY00-00185.

There is at least two different blanks (the difference is in the shoulders and the length of the actual key seemingly). The Nissan dealership let me watch as they entered my chassis number into their system for the correct blank as their first general search threw up two different blank part numbers.

They also did a "practice" cut on a Micra blank (same as the BCNR33) to make sure they could copy the original key correctly as they did not want to waste the "real" one. This did not cost me anything, in fact they did not charge me at all for the cutting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts