GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, Anyone got any ideas as to which type of clutch to use for a high horsepower GTR-32, which is for road use only? All i hear about triple plate clutches is jerky around town and not really suitable for everyday use. If anyone has any ideas on this one, please let me know. Cheers, Folks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have a OS Giken triple plate clutch and although it was only fitted last week its not to bad:D I had a paddle clutch before rated to 450 ish and that was not much better, just as on / off

What power you planing on ?

·
Registered
598 Posts
i have a OS giken twin plate, slighly heavier than normal, but fine to use in London traffic, am running approx. 500bhp.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
ATS Carbon twin seems to be least grabby of the high power clutches from I've read on this forum and others. I have OS triple and it can be a pain in stop start traffic. I've got myself a new clutch master cylinder and a Nismo slave, plus a Nismo clutch bracket and ORC line in the hope that it might makes things a bit easier.

·
Registered
598 Posts
no experience of ATS carbon, but it is on my neverending to-do list. the OS whilst fine is not as nice as std clutch and hopefully the ATS will be.

·
Registered
467 Posts
ATS triple carbon plate

I can highly recommend ATS triple carbon plate. Use this clutch for more than 1 year now. They are very good. Never a problem. They can handle 1000bhp and are like stock clutch when used as a daily driven car. GT-ART is the place you can contact tel. 01273 675775

Cheers,
Henk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts