GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

A virgin user of this site saying hello for first time. I am looking to get a Skyline and will be budgeting between £10k to £15.

Does anyone have any tips or advise on where to look and what to look out for, or even better, know someone who may have what im after?

Thanks..

:)

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Joe,

I guess you've checked out the "For sale" and "wanted" sections?

Have you tried contacting people like Prospec, Abbey Motors, Option etc.?

If you buy through the press make sure you do a lot of research.
Ask on the forum if anyone knows about the car. Get the VIN and have it checked out through BIMTA (www.bimta.com).

Other than that, just keep looking

·
Registered
425 Posts
Joe, go to gtrowner.com where there is a buyers guide. Good luck hope you find the right car for you, it will be out there somewhere:smokin:

G

·
The same rules to buying any car apply Joe

Welcome to gtr.co.uk bud:)

I know I wouldn't have my Skyline GTR33 if it wasn't for the register so you have come to a great place to start with.

I think the best advice is to keep an eye on the for sale section here at the register, that is how I found mine. My car came with a full Abbey Motorsport history so I called Abbey and the guys there gave me very good and frank advice.

If you go the autotrader route then post details of the car here and I'm sure someone will either know the car or if it is local to them be happy to come look at it with you.

My advice when buying ANY car from ANYONE though, is that if you get a bad feeling from the vendor just walk away.....

Good luck and I hope you get your Skyline, I was in the same situation as yourself a few months back and now you couldn't wipe the smile of my face if you tried.... Nissan Skyline does that everytime:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx

some sound advice there - will do as suggested. thanx

will definately be using this excellent website again!!

bfn

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
you are definately looking at the 15k end if you want to get something worth having..

check out Auto trader there are quite a few on there but wether they are cheap enough is another matter.

when you have checked out all of the others, get a bit more cash together and come and have a butchers at mine.

20k miles, stage 1 tuned dyno'd at 415 bhp & 307 lb/ft torque at the Tuning Japanese Dyno day.

good luck with finding your bargain but if you want a good un you'll have to pay for it.

Be very careful of the 10 k end of the prices and get it checked out by a dealer who can find out if it is rung before you buy it.

cheers
Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts