GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

Im looking to buy my first GTR33 and after trawling through millions of websites today, i thought i should post up a request on this great board!

I particulaly want a black or silver colour, very clean paintwork and pretty low mileage.... engine mod's are not paramount....(dont they go fast enough without them? hehe).

I have around 15k to spend..... Is that enough for what I am requesting?

Anyway if any of you experts can help me out with buying tips, import help or anything else you think i should know about, it would be most appreciated!

Also are there much difference between a standard GTR and V-Spec model???

ok, well enough questions for now... hope you can help me out!

my contact is [email protected]

Thanx, Nick

·
Registered
327 Posts
This one could be worth a look!

I know this Car and I think you should give him a ring

I have just bought a very simler car look at the last post with Pic on Owner's cars !

Here's the details and try Tesco for Insurance!

Regards

Bruce

NISSAN SKYLINE R33 V-SPEC LATE 1996 TWIN AIRBAG MODEL
XENON HEADLIGHTS
SILVER WITH GREY VELOUR
UPRATED BRAKES WITH DS 2000 PADS
NEARLY NEW BRIDGESTONE SO2'S
ABBEY MOTORSPORT FULL SERVICE HISTORY FROM 5000 MILES
ABBEY MOTORSPORT STAGE 1 ECU CHIP
TRUST AIR INTAKES
NON CAT
HKS SUPER DRAGGER
APPROXIMATELY 350 BHP PLUS
NISMO BODY KIT
GTR CARBON FIBRE SPOILER INSERTS
NISMO "FULL DISPLAY" DIALS
CAT 1 IMMOMBILIZER
REMOTE SIGMA ALARM
PIONEER STEREO / CD
SVA certificate
1 YEAR MOT
6 MONTHS TAX
46,000 MILES
ORIGINAL IMMACULATE BODYWORK

CONTACT JAMIE MARTIN
(W) 0207-483-5700
(H) 0207-515-5959
(M) 07771-535653
[email protected]

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hey.......What's wrong with white......????????

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
white....

white is ok, but you can never get the same sort of shine as you can with a darker colour.

Anyway thanx everybody for your replies, I got some good responses :O)

One thing that didn't get mentioned was the importing.... Do you save a lot of cash getting one imported by an agent? Or is it cheaper to buy from a forecourt or private??

thanx again....

nick

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is this any good??

i found this car on the online autrotrader.

jpg attached..

here's the info : NISSAN SKYLINE 2.5 GT TURBO, 1998, 26000 miles, R34, fsh with stunning silver coachwork, 17'' alloys, turbo timers cd radio cassette, years MoT, 6 months tax . £14,995

any help / comments about this would be cool...

is it worth the money? is it a good deal??

thanx for your help everyone :O)

nick

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
Importing

I think importing an R33 would be a waste of money considering the cost of buying an R33 from a private seller in the UK. Cost savings have been reduced over the past couple of years and UK cars are now cheaper than Japanese ones. It is only worth getting one from Japan is you can't find anything from here.

Talat.

·
Banned
349 Posts
white GTR'S

Because white is a soft paint (like red) if it is not polished regulary it can go flat, plus dirt gets into the paint.

In my experience white cars go for 2 to 3k less than metalics.

Jamie.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Re: white GTR'S

jamie m said:
Because white is a soft paint (like red) if it is not polished regulary it can go flat, plus dirt gets into the paint.

In my experience white cars go for 2 to 3k less than metalics.

Jamie.
Jamie,

I think you'll find that all or most GT-R's are finished with Nissan's SFHC (super fine hard coat) lacquer which prevents dulling and 'dirt getting into the paint' so white or red shouldn't be any different to any other colour in that respect.

Just trying to safeguard my colour when/should I ever sell it. :)

Peter.

Attachments

·
Banned
349 Posts
DON'T WORRY PETER

Your's is candy red, not a problem. I was refering to white only!!!

Nick, the car is still for sale, I sent you an e-mail earlier, give me a call.

Jamie

07771-535653

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
White

Hi Jamie
Whats with white cars ! !
I've had my white GTR for just under 2 years now and she still shines as good as the day I got her.
There is no problem with white cars. It all depends on how you look after the car.
Best regards :D

·
Banned
349 Posts
I'm not trying to offend those of you with white cars. I have had two 300zx's an R32, R33 and now 34 so therefore I've been around skylines for 7 years now. I personally know a handful of importers and alot of dealers in the trade. Additionally, I know a few of the managment of Nissan uk.

Why do you think that the uk 33's and 34's where never offered or sold in white? Answer, because they do not sell at anywhere near the rate of other colours, why, because of low demand which translates to lower residuals. The view of my friends in the trade (above) including Nissan themselfs is that they will ovoid white like the plague unless the car is particually clean and cheap.

For example: There where aproximately 1200 uk 300zx's sold between 1989 and 1995. Out of the first 100 brought in to the uk 25 cars where white. They sold so badly that big discounts where eventially given on them just to shift them (source Nissan uk) which equalled lower residuals. After that experience Nissan only sold white 300's on special order. A further 17 where sold out of 1100!

Ironically I wanted a white 32 when there where only 30 in the uk (two of which where owned by the md of nissan uk) and was told not to get white as it would be difficult to sell again.

As another example the reason Andy Middlehurst's racing 32 was white was not out of choice but because he got it cheap.

I rest my case.

SORRY!

Jamie.

PS: It's not all bad though, you've still got the best car in the world and fashions do change!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
white cars

hello chaps

i have to agree with the sttements of jamie,for i too have heard from countless of dealers that white cars(all of them not just skylines) do tend to ,in the main,be somewhat cheaper than other colours!

I quickly must add that I have nothing personal/particular dislikes about white cars!

Anyway thata my 2 pences worth!

heers
paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jamie can you send a pic?

jamie, can you send me a pic of your car?

thanx man

oh yeah, i posted this before but nobody replied...

could you give me your opinion on this car??

i found this car on the online autrotrader.

I have attached a jpg pic of it.

here's the info : NISSAN SKYLINE 2.5 GT TURBO, 1998, 26000 miles, R34, fsh with stunning silver coachwork, 17'' alloys, turbo timers cd radio cassette, years MoT, 6 months tax . £14,995

any help / comments about this would be cool...

is it worth the money? is it a good deal??

thanx for your help everyone :O)

nick

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
R34 GT

Nick,

The GT is a good enough car in it's own right. It has an the Rb25DET engine and is RWD - produces 280ps as standard.

Looks pretty good price-wise but make sure they can provide you with an auction sheet to confirm that it has no accident record. Grade 0 cars shouldn't cost you more than £11-12K, whilst a mint example should set you back around £14-16K - I'm using the USS Nagoya auction as a reference point.

Is it a manual or an auto ? Auto's are worth a lot less.

Talat.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
white skyline gtr

what a heap off crap i have a black skyline, i like it because it is not common same as white this makes these colours better because they are rare and any way a car is only worth what someone will pay for it and a white car looks much wider and
looks as mean as ffffffffffffffffuck.

·
Registered
530 Posts
White looks right

Just to pick up on this thread, The GT-R is actually one of the few cars that looks good, wide and mean in white. I remarked upon this at Kemble to a few people
.........lets face it they'd look bl**dy good in pink with yellow spots
............Don't get any ideas Glen!!!!!!
Regards
multicoloured wroestar
:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm with you Alan

I didnt particularly favour a white car either, but at the time of purchase, I could only find a black one and a white one. The black one was a dog
and the white one was like new.Therefore it was a pretty simple choice. Personally I find the silver ones' the most dreary, so it just goes to show its personal. At the end of the day, there arent so many GTR's out there, so I think condition is more important than colour. I've owned mine for 3 years and it still shines. Amazing to think modern technology has come so far.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
White

I agree Tim !
Condition and history comes first, colour comes second unless your buying new. But then again I have seen quite a few Skyline,s and Black & White are the 2 colours you don,t see many of. :D
Maybe they will be worth something in the end for their rareity ;)
But it will all come down to personnal choice in the end , and personnally I think mine looks good no matter what anybody else says :p
See Ya :cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts