GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya Guys,

I am looking for a Le Mans style fairing for my R34, new bonnet, big arches, huge wing etc…

Dan

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Body Bits

redback911

Ooooh now were talking choices. Spinning round on the spot you will be for sometime. Choices are endless(no not the company). What about the guy who was selling the Blitz kit on here last week?

Not being rude but what is a Le Mans style FAIRING :confused:

See Ya

T6KYO

·
Registered
140 Posts
le mans bodywork

Dan

I take it that by le mans farings you mean the bodywork work that in used on the JGTC (japanese touring cars). Please find attached a picture of the bodywork i think your after. the only way i think you'll e able to get hold of this is by contacted NISMO in Japan, as far as i know they designed and sold these components to various teams (Calsonic, Pennzoil, Unesa Jecs). You'll be pleases to know that all the body panels are replaced, and all are carbon fibre. However, i think you will need very, very deep pockets indeed. But, if you do get the stuff then let us all know beacuse that will make one awesome R34!!!!

rob

p.s. dosen't affect the bodywork, but those JGTC skyline are only 2 wheel drive.....pity!

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Le Mans fairing

Ooo, thats the one...

I understand that it may cost a stupid amount of money but damn it would look so cool at the Ring. I will contact Impul and Nismo and perhaps they will respond.

Dan

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Ring

Redback911

I am thinking of going to the Ring later in the year, probably a week day, Friday, with just me and a friend. Are you far from their??.

Was also thinking of a trip to Amsterdam with me missus but was worried about parking the 34 over their. What do you think??

Also any shows going on over northen europe as wouldn't mind a run to one or two??

T6KYO

·
Registered
140 Posts
wheel spacers

dan

I would advise against spacers, pushing out the wheel that far on spacers will destroy the suspension geometry besides....if your going to go for it, then do it in style!!!....why not get the works suspension, this kicks out the track considerably, coupled with some 18*10's will fill out thoses massive arches.......its now very, very, very deep pockets!!!!

rob

p.s. just a thought.....instead of trying to convert you road r34 into a racer, if i had the cash i would find out what those teams do with the old race cars and make them an offer!!! remember you'll have to convert back into a road car, but belive me its easier(and better, read works engine, turbos, brakes, suspension, roll cage the full monty!) to go from race to road than it is to do it the other way....good luck

p.p.s for those out there like me who love the sound of this but will never have the resources...buy a playstaion 2 and GT3...all these car are on there!!! not the same i know, but i'm sure less than the cost of one wheel nut!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Le Mans

Hi Rob,

Good point, although I have always steered clear of any car that might require physical exertion or god forbid mechanical interaction. I work for a company that develops high-speed photonic switches for the Telecomms industry but when it comes to mechanical/engine maintenance I am basically a ‘dumb blonde of the male species’. Unfortunately I have never had to perform any kind of car maintenance so I never really learnt the skills necessary to look after a car that might require frequent but minor work. I recently sold my 996 Turbo to buy the R34 because I wanted a rougher/less polished sports car, since owning the R34 I have had some really bad luck and made some really bad judgments which have cost time and money. Buying an ex-race R34 sounds like fun but I think I simply do not have the knowledge to keep it running. Right now it is taking an incredible amount of time to keep my new R34 ticking over (although it is over 500BHP).

: (

/Dan

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
550 Upgrade

Hi Guy,

Yup I got the 550 upgrade, the turbos you mentioned sound about right. After running the engine in again (due to damage caused my another Tuners upgarde) I went to MH for the 550 upgrade and then went with Middlehurst to Dynojet to test it. On full boost the car was putting out around 510BHP with 540NM or torque. I was REALLY happy with results but I managed to crash the R34 3 days later at the Ring. It has taken me almost 3 months to get the parts to have the car back to fully new (whatever that means) and I just found out that it is now ready. The bad news is that I am stuck in Atlanta for another 4 weeks... F*%K!!!!!

Dan

·
Registered
140 Posts
Space frame?

You may be right, however, i think that the racers have to use the original structure as a base, in a similar way to WRC cars. A very extensive roll/stiffening structure is then welded in. I belive the inboard suspension points of the road car must be used. The bodywork is then "free" however the original steel roof must be retained. If anyone out there knows more (DCD) please keep us posted.

rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts