GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Firstly humble apologise that the old thread had to be removed. This had to be done to not only add some clarity to a very important change that needed to be made. But to make sure it was clear and the correct information shown up front and not dotted over an old existing thread by editing! The GTROC is still in need of new Regional Reps for 2014, but compared to the old thread there is one very important condition that had to be attached ...

All Official GTROC Regional Reps must be current and valid GTROC club members - no exceptions. Likewise if your membership lapses and is not removed then you will have to be removed from the role as well.

The reason for this is that if a non club member is running a GTROC event or meeting, then the clubs Public Liability Insurance is automatically INVALIDATED :eek:

So we still need to bolster the number of GTROC Regional Reps for 2014 and it still remains my responsibility as the clubs National Events Manager to try and fill these positions as well :D Over the years we've had some absolute legends in these roles - from Hodgie, to IMS, to Dave Wilkins, to Japfreak and to some bloke called Speed Merchant ... :D Joking aside this role does not take much of your time and you really do reap what you sew, especially if you come along to club meets and events anyway :thumbsup:

Ideally you should possess one or some of the following qualities, though not all are required - just see our London Rep for that one ... :chuckle:

01. Be a current and valid GTROC Member.
02. Own or be an enthusiast of the Skyline, Stagea or R35 GTR.
03. Have some people skills!
04. Be able to ask for help if you require it and not press on alone!
05. Common sense and some ability to adapt.
06. Time management skills.
07. Live in or near reach of your area you want to rep!

Below is a list and maps of the areas that require Regional Reps. Some of these positions are covered but many are free or large enough to be divided up further to make them more manageable! The keen sighted amongst you will notice the red lines dividing these areas into numbers :thumbsup:

01. SOUTH EAST REP
02. SOUTHERN REP
03. SOUTH WEST REP
04. EAST OF ENGLAND REP *
05. SOUTH CENTRAL REP *
06. MIDLANDS REP *
07. WALES REP *
08. NORTHERN REP *
09. SCOTTISH REP
10. LONDON REP
11. IRELAND *

Those areas above that are marked with an * are or can be as mentioned before divided again into smaller regions. So for example we currently have a NORTH EAST REP in area 08, but the rest of the region still needs representation to assist the current NE Rep. So below is a list of the areas that we require Reps for 2014 as well as those that have already stepped up with our thanks. If I missed anyone then PM me people ;)

01. South East Rep - Natbrat300
02. Southern Rep - AVAILABLE
03. South West Rep - AVAILABLE
04. East of England Rep -

* East of England Rep (North) - Z1
* East of England Rep (South) - C17

05. South Central Rep - AVAILABLE
06. Midlands Rep : AVAILABLE ( North / South )

* East Midlands Rep - DAVE WILKINS
* West Midlands Rep - JAPFREAK786

07. Wales Rep - CD09
08. Northern Rep : AVAILABLE

* North East Rep - IMS

09. Scottish Rep - AVAILABLE
10. London Rep - SIMPLY MOO
11. Ireland Rep - AVAILABLE

Once finalised in January or February I will be contacting all the Regional Reps to outline the clubs major events for 2014 that have already been booked, as well as our aim and vision for 2014. For those still pondering a basic outline would mean as a Regional Rep you need to hold at least three or four meets a year in your area - great examples are the NE Curry Meets or the GTROC London Meets at the Ace Cafe London - with the landowners permission as WE DO NOT DO CRUISES OR SUPERMARKET CAR PARKS :chuckle: You would also need to keep an eye out for any shows or events local to your region that you think the GTROC could have a stand at. There are other factors but we are keeping this simple. You will get help, assistance and backing especially if you haven't done this before. A few hours a week to spare is all it costs at most and that can attend your own meets and shows as you will be running them on the day :runaway: :thumbsup:

If anyone has any further questions then please ask :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
If you are short of volunteers I'll do all of the East/4 area rather than just the Southerly bit.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kriss I've sent you a PM. But basically I'm up for taking over Wales single-handedly :p.
I believe I replied but yep your in ;)

If you are short of volunteers I'll do all of the East/4 area rather than just the Southerly bit.
I'll let you know in the New Year fella ;)

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Apart from being able to volunteer as a rep, what advantages are there to being a member as opposed to being on the register?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Apart from being able to volunteer as a rep, what advantages are there to being a member as opposed to being on the register?

Thanks
Lots -

Track Day discounts, discounts on tyres (like Toyo), ability to attend GTROC events (like Autosport, TOTB team, 30-130 etc etc), Ace Café meets, AGM and Awards Dinner, Euro Tour.

GTROC Sprint series and track days at discounted rates for 2014 including Silverstone Grand Prix with Garage access in the wing pits and free helmet hire if you need it (worth the annual fee on its own).

Escalation to Nissan if there are issues with car - no guarantees of course but a good, direct relationship.

Money can't buy access like Jake Hill pit lane access, Le Mans garage tours, access to VIP Hospitality at Nurburgring 24 hours. We have had full VIP access to GT1 World Championship at Silverstone.

Too much to go through really but if you are a member you can do stuff if you are Register then you can use this site and chat.

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Oh and membership pack and Carbon Fibre Membership Card if you join for life - which means access forever to all events etc irrespective of your car. Plus you can come back to the fold any time.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Rog, you saved me a load of typing!

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd happily do south central region. Live in Middlesex/Herts borders and work on Berkshire/oxford borders...
First you have to become a GTROC Member fella - if you are already its not showing on your profile for this forum - then send me a PM :thumbsup:

For those that are Reps or will be for 2014 once AUTOSPORT is out the way I will be sending the BIG email - :chuckle: - which will outline everything for 2014, what you need to cover as a Rep and hopefully answer many questions too :thumbsup:

In the mean time can those that are confirmed send me a PM with :

Full Name.
Address.
Mobile / good contact number No.
Email address.

I appreciate I could trawl the membership database, but I have a lot on currently but I can begin to start the Reps database ;)

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I will be sending the PM to all the new and current GTROC REPS once I have AUTOSPORT done, dusted and a few days recovery! I've also updated the list below as well as those of you who have sent me a PM with the contact details that I require for the club records.

I am also aware that some of you who are now Reps and members have still not had your titles updated on this forum - it will happen just be a little more patient!

If any of our Reps are coming to AUTOSPORT next week then let me know by PM as it would be the first time of meeting some of you!

GTROC REGIONAL REPRESENTATIVES 2014

01. South East Rep - NATBRAT - DETAILS RECEIVED

02. Southern Rep - DETAILS RECEIVED

03. South West Rep - AVAILABLE

04. East of England Rep -

* North - ZED1 - DETAILS RECEIVED
* South - C17 - DETAILS RECEIVED

05. South Central Rep - AVAILABLE

06. Midlands Rep : AVAILABLE ( North / South )

* East Midlands Rep - DAVE WILKINS - DETAILS RECEIVED
* West Midlands Rep - JAPFREAK786 - DETAILS RECEIVED

07. Wales Rep - CD09 - AWAITING DETAILS

08. Northern Rep : AVAILABLE

* North East Rep - IMS - DETAILS RECEIVED

09. Scottish Rep - AVAILABLE AREAS

* ENDO

10. London Rep - SIMPLY MOO - DETAILS RECEIVED

11. Ireland Rep - AVAILABLE

01. SOUTH EAST REP
02. SOUTHERN REP *
03. SOUTH WEST REP *
04. EAST OF ENGLAND REP *
05. SOUTH CENTRAL REP *
06. MIDLANDS REP *
07. WALES REP *
08. NORTHERN REP *
09. SCOTTISH REP *
10. LONDON REP
11. IRELAND *

If anyone has any further questions then please ask by sending me a PM :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Don't you think areas 8 & 9 would be better of theres more than 1 rep?

The travelling distance if events, meets-ups were arranged is probably not fair on the Rep aswell as members (depending on where he/she lives)

before you.say anything... Yes i'm currently not a paid member but wwould like to in the near future.

Its just my thought really.

Regards

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Don't you think areas 8 & 9 would be better of theres more than 1 rep?

The travelling distance if events, meets-ups were arranged is probably not fair on the Rep aswell as members (depending on where he/she lives)

before you.say anything... Yes i'm currently not a paid member but wwould like to in the near future.

Its just my thought really.

Regards
Spec-savers dude as it clearly states these areas require more than one Rep. I agree its too big for one person !!!

Have you got my details Kriss? I did send them they may not have come through.
Can't find them so please send them again :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:chuckle:

I'm just trying to clear AUTOSPORT as well as finishing the arrangements for this years events. The big Reps PM should be started tomorrow all going well ...

I need more hours in the day or the ability to not have to sleep!

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I didn't get a response to my PM Speedy, offer still stands. :)
Oh yes you did as the PM was received on the 08th of Jan and my response was the 09th Jan! I'm in the process of working between shifts on the Reps stuff so stay with me as it's been nothing but crisis at work since Autosport as well as dealing with this years events & membership enquiries/problems!

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
Oh yes you did as the PM was received on the 08th of Jan and my response was the 09th Jan! I'm in the process of working between shifts on the Reps stuff so stay with me as it's been nothing but crisis at work since Autosport as well as dealing with this years events & membership enquiries/problems!
No rush mate but I do not have a PM from you on the 9th nor a confirmation email to indicate I was sent one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts