GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MUST be utterly rust free underneath, with zero sill return and box section damage. I really want a new shell, but have only found R34 ones. Will buy a complete running car. Automatic is fine, engine damage, whatever. Needs to be a fresh import, not undersealed 2 door and no sunroof. Will pay very sensible money for the right car. As near to off the production line rust free as possible is vital!! To be used for a motorsport shell, I am not fitting a very expensive multi point weld in cage to something that's rusty, and these things DO rust :) Will consider GTR shell also. If you think you have a suitable car, but are wondering what too much rust is, I can post a pic of the shell I have, which most would regard as perfect, but I regard as far from ideal. Reward for introduction to someone with a new shell for sale at a reasonable price, either in the UK or abroad. Thanks :)

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's too much hassle using an R34 shell as I have vacced carbon r33 doors et cetera, but no r34 ancillary bits, however, many thanks for that. A new r33 2 door sunroof free shell would get the juices flowing though :)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Chris they came standard from the factory with rust, lol

Surely your best bet would be to buy the latest/cleanest R33 GTS (RB20E) from Japan. I know they aren't worth much, so should be able to get one cheap.

While your here, what do you think my chances are of grafting the front suspension of a Nascar (double wishbone + Hub) to an R33? I don't mind junking the stock sub frame, tin turrets, and fitting a space frame front section.

Your probably the best person to ask. :)

I want to get rid of as much weight from the front end of the car, and think the unsprung railway track on the front is a prime candidate for the skip.

Option 2 is to fit S14/S15 MacPherson set up, but I would prefer multi link/double wishbone.

·
Registered
589 Posts
my shell is pretty tidy (not for sale tho) but have seen a lot of rusty ones, i got mine as a fresh import and was spotless underneith

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It wasn't cheap, bloody dear in fact, but I am told the chances of me finding a new GTS-t shell is all but zero. They would almost certainly be less desirable and cheaper though. I toyed with passing on this shell, but when would another come up? I am still going to be building the bits over into it as a 2 WD car though. The price of a decent weld in multi point cage professionally done and painted is such that I didn't want to have it done to a shell that already showed some seam rust and general decline. Some people will say it's a waste of a new shell. Some people say a lot of things though ;) How's yours coming along?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New Cossie Sierra shells are fetching that these days, they were 900 quid from Fords a few years ago. Price of a half decent paint job is one way to look at it. The other is I am mad :) Find me a cheaper one, someone else I know wants one.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Chris, your more of a perfectionist than Nismo, they used 2nd hand cars to make Z tunes, lol

I am filled with envy, must be lovely to build a car from a blank canvass like that. :)

I'm of course taking the other route, I am cutting so much off my car it will soon have no Nissan body parts left, lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts