GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Before to start sending message I wanted to say hello and give a little presentation of me and my objective. Could you tell me where can I do this?

I am on your forum in order to find a R34 GTR in bad condition or just a shell and I would like to put a message in the good section, could you tell me where please? (I just see the section "wanted" for the parts and not for the car)

I hope it's possible because I know for some French forum (I am french :) )we have to post numerous messages before to be allowed to do this. My goal is to find the car with the help of the forum and if I find the car to share with you the restoration.

Best regards,

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I'll move this to the Wanted section and rename it but you are going to have a struggle with your search. In all the time I've been on this forum I've only ever seen a couple of R34 shells for sale and they were only fit for the scrap yard. Even poor condition complete cars will have a hefty asking price and, by the time you've got it up to a reasonable standard, you may as well have got yourself a good condition car in the first place.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum and, good luck with your search:thumbsup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi TAZZMAXX,

Thank your for your help and answer. I know that this car is very rare and it will be not easy to find it but I am patient and motivated :)

I will explain you in details my project.

Today, I do not have the budget to buy a R34 GTR in good condition, but I do a lot of mecanics and I have the time. that is why I researche a R34 GTR in bad condition or just a shell. I just need a repairable car and the documents to do the homologation in France.
Even if some parts are missing like the engine, the harness, interior, etc. I don't mind.

This is a project of many years, this is my dream and I will be more proud to drive a R34 GTR rebuilded with my hands and save from the scrap yard :)

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I sent an email three days ago but I have no answer :(
It is exactly what I want.
Julien,

Don't even consider that as the shell has been galvanised and will be ****ed. You only have to look at the photos to see all the ripples in the panels. If that was put on a jig plate it would rock all over the place and it will never be square or true with the amount of heat that's gone into it.

That piece of junk has been advertised for ages and it's never sold - it's no wonder! Avoid.

Wait your time and something may come along but don't buy that, it really is scrap.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi TAZZMAXX,

Thanks again for your advise :) I will follow it and wait a next offer.

Best regards,

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Freakazoid3

I did not precise but I am not able to do the repair body. I am able to do all the rest but not the body. If I buy such car I have to pay a "coachbuilder" for that. (I do not know if it is the right word).
It is not an issue if the damages are light but in this case the damages seem to be heavy.

best regards

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I understand what you're saying, but project R34 GTR's are very rare...And if they exist most people will fix them up theirselves as thats how they bring in the most money when selling...Good luck on your search ;)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
There is a shell up for sale , out of my budget drop me a text on 07740338068
ill forward the details to you its uk registered 2001 with all paper work

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello all,

3 years after my first request I have not found my happiness yet. The good news is that my budget increase with years :)
My request is always available and finally I am ready to have a car without id or with heavy damages.
If you know someone who sells this, do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hello all,

3 years after my first request I have not found my happiness yet. The good news is that my budget increase with years :)
My request is always available and finally I am ready to have a car without id or with heavy damages.
If you know someone who sells this, do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks in advance
Hi mate, I think I have just what you looking for ....
R34 GTR damaged shell with ID and all parts included

Call me 07837 224335 am based in Birmingham ***128077;

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi mate, I think I have just what you looking for ....
R34 GTR damaged shell with ID and all parts included

Call me 07837 224335 am based in Birmingham ***128077;
Hi Bigman,

Thanks for your answer. Before to call you (I am not really good in English) is it possible to have some picture and information about the car ? I let you my email adresse [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
15,640 Posts
Contact DaveW at the GTR Heritage Centre they apparently have an accident damaged black R34 GTR for sale at the moment.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Contact DaveW at the GTR Heritage Centre they apparently have an accident damaged black R34 GTR for sale at the moment.
Hi Tonigmr2,

Thanks for your advise, i will do it. I called Bigman yesterday and maybe he has the good car for me :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Tonigmr2,

Thanks for your advise, i will do it. I called Bigman yesterday and maybe he has the good car for me :)
I sent an email yesterday and called this morning. The man told me the phone was on fire and finally it sold :(

1 - 20 of 90 Posts