GTR Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
@Julien.s your effort to found an R34 gtr is awesome, how much is your budget at the moment? Here on Spain there are some good R34 GTT with GTR look for between 40 and 50k

Good luck with the search

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
@Julien.s your effort to found an R34 gtr is awesome, how much is your budget at the moment? Here on Spain there are some good R34 GTT with GTR look for between 40 and 50k

Good luck with the search
HI Juan, thanks a lot for your help, i really appreciate. My budget is 40 000 euros but i can sell my cars if needed. I think i saw this gtt on 1000anuncios or segundamano, it is blue and looks awesome. I contacted a garage in uk that has an gt four with rb25det and looks gtr. All the parts are not OEM but it Will be a good basis for a replica. The only problem with this car is I have to put an rb20 inside to obtain the homologation in France.

·
Registered
191 Posts
HI Juan, thanks a lot for your help, i really appreciate. My budget is 40 000 euros but i can sell my cars if needed. I think i saw this gtt on 1000anuncios or segundamano, it is blue and looks awesome. I contacted a garage in uk that has an gt four with rb25det and looks gtr. All the parts are not OEM but it Will be a good basis for a replica. The only problem with this car is I have to put an rb20 inside to obtain the homologation in France.
If you're after an R34 GTR, don't settle for a replica, most of them are money pit with fiberglass body kits that'll never last long enough without forgetting the rust hidden everywhere and the butchered job.

This is a ~ 50k R34 GTR:

This was for sale for ~45K and a really nice build:

A clean R34 GTT will moslty never be used to build an R34 GTR replica from it unless you live in a country where you can't import them.

You're putting a lot of efforts in your research and nobody wants to see you scammed by what looks good but isn't or unscrupulous sellers manipulating you emotionally because you can't think straight when seeing the car.

The market is slowing down and you gonna get moslty some deals in the coming months, be patient, don't rush and don't settle for less than an R34 GTR if that's what you want.

France and its car regulations are a pain in the butt, most JDM importers there will charge you 3/4k to go through the UTAC etc. and get it registered, call them, discuss with them to know where you're stepping into.

You could also consider getting the car registered and insured in Luxemburg, that's an easy process and this company can help you and that's legal:

An R34 GTR replica isn't worth 40/50k unless it's a job done like that:

I've learned to be patient and what you don't get now is just delayed gratification, a GTR is a GTR for a reason and you'll miss it with a replica and with your budget, you'll get an R35 GTR, a Ferrari F430 from the UAE or a Porsche 996 Turbo/Turbo S and still money left therefore do you see yourself with a 40/50k GTR replica ??? I hope it's a hell NO.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
If you're after an R34 GTR, don't settle for a replica, most of them are money pit with fiberglass body kits that'll never last long enough without forgetting the rust hidden everywhere and the butchered job.

This is a ~ 50k R34 GTR:

A clean R34 GTT will moslty never be used to build an R34 GTR replica from it unless you live in a country where you can't import them.

You're putting a lot of efforts in your research and nobody wants to see you scammed by what looks good but isn't or unscrupulous sellers manipulating you emotionally because you can't think straight when seeing the car.

The market is slowing down and you gonna get moslty some deals in the coming months, be patient, don't rush and don't settle for less than an R34 GTR if that's what you want.

France and its car regulations are a pain in the butt, most JDM importers there will charge you 3/4k to go through the UTAC etc. and get it registered, call them, discuss with them to know where you're stepping into.

You could also consider getting the car registered and insured in Luxemburg, that's an easy process and this company can help you and that's legal:

I've learned to be patient and what you don't get now is just delayed gratification, a GTR is a GTR for a reason and you'll miss it with a replica and with your budget, you'll get an R35 GTR, a Ferrari F430 from the UAE or a Porsche 996 Turbo/Turbo S and still money left therefore do you see yourself with a 40/50k GTR replica ??? I hope it's a hell NO.
HI Takeshi,

Thank you for taking the time to answer me and find announcements for me. You are right a replica is expensive and it is not a real one and for the same price I could have other beautiful cars. I am a big fan of Japanese cars, I sold my 200sx to have more budget for an R34 and I could eventually sell my civic EG6. I'm going to take your advice and wait until I get a real one. I really hate myself for missing out on that of Bigman, the fact is that it was heavily damaged and with a lot of missing parts.

A photo of me with my old S14a;)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

This is a ~ 50k R34 GTR:

Can't believe how expensive that replica is, i'm sure i saw it on an auction site for around $40k early this year. Plus i can't believe people will pay that much for one as i've seen quite a few good looking reps selling for around £25k here in the UK. A few have ended up on some of those 'super-car raffles'. Possibly because they are difficult to shift? I don't know. But as Tekeshi has said, patience is a virtue.

·
Registered
191 Posts
HI Takeshi,

Thank you for taking the time to answer me and find announcements for me. You are right a replica is expensive and it is not a real one and for the same price I could have other beautiful cars. I am a big fan of Japanese cars, I sold my 200sx to have more budget for an R34 and I could eventually sell my civic EG6. I'm going to take your advice and wait until I get a real one. I really hate myself for missing out on that of Bigman, the fact is that it was heavily damaged and with a lot of missing parts. View attachment 261201
A photo of me with my old S14a;)
You're welcome, nice S14 you had 👌, it's just rational economics, depending on how much you would get for the EG6, sell it in order to move fast with money in hand when a deal pop up for sale.

Things happen for a reason, forget about this crashed R34 GTR, it wasn't for you and with missing parts, it would have eaten your budget, parts are expensive, difficult to get and finding a good body repair shop is even more difficult.

Keep in mind that any JDM you gonna find may have had an accident in its life, could be a simple bumper being replaced to a heavy accident, do your homework to understand the car itself, it'll avoid you spending more than you should.

Check the links below, it'll help you to sharpen your intuition and make better decisions:

Was graded 4 B at an auction, was sold and cancelled by the buyer when he saw it after spending 6 figures to get it

Other R34's with their auction reports you can look at Japanese Car Inspection Examples - Prestige Motorsport

Watch this video, you'll learn few important things from a car auction inspector:

A good example of madness is this R32, it had an accident, was welded with some reinforcements and he managed to get registered with a title in the US

·
Registered
191 Posts
Can't believe how expensive that replica is, i'm sure i saw it on an auction site for around $40k early this year. Plus i can't believe people will pay that much for one as i've seen quite a few good looking reps selling for around £25k here in the UK. A few have ended up on some of those 'super-car raffles'. Possibly because they are difficult to shift? I don't know. But as Tekeshi has said, patience is a virtue.
Can't agree more however I think it's the best one built I've seen so far, a replica is hard to shift because people are doing their math, 25K get you a Lexus IS-F, Porsche 911, RS3/4/5/6, C63 AMG for example and those raffles are nice for the winners but annoying when you see performance cars "economically shared".

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Really good video. The man Well knows his job. I take into account your advises and i will continue to be patient.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
I allow myself to bring up my subject. I'm still looking for it. Shell with v5 suits me too ;)

101 - 110 of 110 Posts