GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new to the forum and will hopefully be officially part of the GTR owners club soon enough.

I have my eyes on a 1994 Nissan Skyline R32 GTR but wanted to know is there anything I should be looking out for in particular?

I have seen a lot of company's in England that import them fresh from Japan with mildly low mileage and minimal modifications. I really want a bog standard (or close to) skyline as I want to work on it throughout the years (Build threads etc).

I am at a position were I can finally afford to run, and maintain a skyline so i would hopefully like one before summer 2014.

Anyway if you can think of anything I should know please feel free to jot it down, everyone seems very warming on this so I hope I can make a good impression!

Chris

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Mate

Most of the common things are rusty rear arches and damaged jacking points sometimes rot as well. Look for a well kept car, with recent servicing. It's wise to compression test the engine if you can as well. Ideally very recent tidy import or a well kept UK car

·
Vendor
12,689 Posts
Some interesting cars about. Our administration fee's are only £500 to help you source and ship.

Nice r34 with good spec

R34 v-spec II

Very rare 4 door 40th anniversary R33GTR!! had some panel replacment

Nice looking R33GTR, some panel replacement

Classic Skyline

Nice DR30 running Solex carbs!

Tatty body R32GTR

Nice r34GTR some paint issues

Very clean R32GTR

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Hello all, new to the forum and will hopefully be officially part of the GTR owners club soon enough.

I have my eyes on a 1994 Nissan Skyline R32 GTR but wanted to know is there anything I should be looking out for in particular?

I have seen a lot of company's in England that import them fresh from Japan with mildly low mileage and minimal modifications. I really want a bog standard (or close to) skyline as I want to work on it throughout the years (Build threads etc).

I am at a position were I can finally afford to run, and maintain a skyline so i would hopefully like one before summer 2014.

Anyway if you can think of anything I should know please feel free to jot it down, everyone seems very warming on this so I hope I can make a good impression!

Chris
As has been said a thousand times:

At the age of R32s mileage is not important, condition is king

Buying a standard car and then modifying it it a waste of money. Unless you plan to keep it standard buy one which matches your requirements as close as possible.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Hi Chris,

I have a completely standard R32 GTR in Gun Grey. The only modifications are HKS Panel filters in the original airbox and Volk Racing wheels.

It has absolutely no rust and is in superb condition. Car has never been modified and has done 100.626km currently.

Everything is for sale at the right price ;)

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
How long is a piece of string Chris as everyone on here has offered sound advice to a topic that is covered many times on this forum.

Taken from the clubs own website, this should assist you :

WWW.GTROC.ORG - R32 GT-R buyers guide

Take your time when it comes to buying as well :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.