GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fella's,

Saturday I made the mistake of popping to motorline in Tonbridge Wells whilst out for a hoon. Once there I fell in love with the R35 and can't stop thinking about how I'm going to get one!

Now I know my current pride and joy would normally get a bad reaction from you guys, 996 Turbo. But please don't have me down as an arse, lol. I had a noble for 3.5 years and loved it. However, I looked after it that much that i would never take it out in bad weather. I know very sad:eek: I went for the Porker as it was fairly quick, reliable and could be driven a lot more often with no worries, as a few Euro runs have proven.

I would have loved to have got an R35 but I never thought it would be obtainable at the mo. I have always bought cars with my own money or got some funding through Personal Loans. After 6 months of owning the Porker I've stumbled across your site and found the finance thread. Bloody hell why didn't I ever look at PCP before hand, lol.

After spending about an hour at Nissan and chatting about the R35 I can't get it out of my head. I'm now thinking of selling up, paying the loan off and jumping into a new Premium edition. Only thing is i've got to convince the other half. Any ideas, lol.

Anyway, just wanted to say that reading the forum has defo convinced me to get one, so thanks for making me miserable, lol.

Fingers crossed on convincing the misses ;)

Jim

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
my wife loves the R35, she can take a big bag when you go away for the weekend....

people even let you out of junctions as well

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
It's easy to convince.
  1. it has bags of boot space, so ideal for shopping :)o) or those nice long romantic weekends away :)blahblah:)
  2. it is a 2+2 so its entirely practical
  3. it has run flate tyres so no fear about what happens if she gets a puncture
  4. it's easy to drive in auto mode
  5. it's fun to drive in manual mode
  6. it has a huge hard disc for all her fave music
  7. and they do it in red!

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
and finally (if you dare!)

8. Being a 2+2, it's the perfect transport if you're thinking about starting a family!

:chuckle:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Do what I did.........................order it and slip it into the conversation when she's happy with the world or pi**ed enough not to care! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do what I did.........................order it and slip it into the conversation when she's happy with the world or pi**ed enough not to care! :D
I tried that and divorce was an option..

Still the GT-R is cheaper alternative :clap:

Im hoping she comes round to the idea, if funds allow she wont have a choice.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Take it for a test drive... You will be blown away:cool:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Take it for a test drive... You will be blown away:cool:
That's the main reason I didn't book a test drive yet. I knew that was I had driven it I would have to get one ASAP or be for ever gutted. At the mo i still have that distance to keep me sane :runaway:

Jim

·
Registered
634 Posts
My wife likes my GTR way better than she did the 911. Great for the school run, shopping space in the boot, trips away.

Job done!!

Plus it is Fast as F%$£

Kp

·
Registered
167 Posts
Lol

'After spending about an hour at Nissan and chatting about the R35 I can't get it out of my head'

Your in a safe place here :thumbsup: Buying a car is never really a financial thought it's all emotional - you will have pangs of 'It's stupid to spend so much money, then loose it etc' but hey drive it, enjoy it and all those thoughts will go away !

But until you own one you will still be looking for one on the road, and wondering . . . .

Fuggles has it spot on for the 'Wife' reasons...

Once you won one (You know you will) leave this forum immediately ... otherwise it's the light kit, then a downpipe .. oh then it's discounted accessport to tempt you Aarrrgh! :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
i have a 3 year old 1 year old twins, and we are getting married on friday, its her 40th next week, my partner has not even sat in the car ive had it a month
to busy with the kids and thinking about the wedding
be a man buy the car you will not regret it

·
Registered
377 Posts
That's the main reason I didn't book a test drive yet. I knew that was I had driven it I would have to get one ASAP or be for ever gutted. At the mo i still have that distance to keep me sane :runaway:

Jim
Guaranteed if you test drive this awesome machine, youll find away to get it.
As someone else has said you only live once

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well fella's, I approached the subject tonight whilst out with family (Read other boy's) for back up. Anyway the short story is I've been given the go a head, wahooooo:runaway:

Now just need to work out how much it will be to settle my loans and get quotes for pcp :thumbsup: Also need to work out how much i'll get for my motor.

I think I will have a deposit of around 9-10k. Do any of you think I could get the monthly payments down to around £550-600 with that deposit over 48mths?

I have seen the finance thread but need time to have a sit down and go through it all.

Jim

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi Jim
definetley do-able on those figures, I was orginally qouted £11000 deposit and £600 per month over 36 months on a Black Edition @ pre-order price but chose to finance with alternative option in the end.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts