GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right guys i know some of you are GTR fans and i respect that i merely would appreciate your opinions on this car and any other cars for that matter i love all modern and old cars my last car was a mitsu lancer evo 4 and now i want something better and faster and more worthy of my grip, i am looking at investing a shit load into a R34 im talking about 50 grand all expenses paid including duty and shipping and my holiday going to pick it up but to some that is small money to some thats huge money so here is where my problem comes a R33 is about 18 000 us dollars in Japan and a R34 is 40 000 us dollars is the price increase really worth it to buy a R34 do you guys think the price will drop in the next year to come because of the new skyline going to be released ? do you think that maybe i should go for a subaru impreza 2004 model or possibly a evo 8 or evo 9 please i would love to hear your opinions and i would greatly appreciate any input ?

·
Registered
208 Posts
The R34 certainly has a lot of improvements, not least the 6 speed box, the stronger turbos and the better brakes. The interior is much better too.

However, this is a car, it will lose money. Newer cars lose bigger percentages than older ones. Bigger percentages of bigger numbers. I guess what I'm saying is that you'll lose more money on an R34 in the next 3 years than an R33. No doubt the release of the new GTR will have an impact too, as you suggested. But then people buy Bentley Arnages and the like. That has to be the quickest way of losing £100k this side of wondering round Las Vegas drunk. It's your money.

What are your bhp goals etc.? The R34 gearbox is good for around 800bhp versus about 600bhp for the R33 5sp. All considerations.

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure about power but im currently bidding

Hi guys right the ball is rolling i just missed a R34 with a nismo ecu, Nismo exhaust, nismo Aero kit and best of all it was a 2001 model Vspec 2 im sad so what else should i look out for this is going to be my baby its going to be a well done up car i mean looked after not too much power but i also want to do some track days with it maybe and some street racing thats about it what things should i look out for from a auction and are there any tips you guys have for me what colours models and types through the years ??
im keen on information please mould me point me in the direction of the rising sun library lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts