GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when my enginge gets warm it doenst run good when you come into boost below its no problem, but when you floor the pedal the cars runs one only 4 or 5 cylinders, its a RB25DET engine from a R34GTT, tried new plugs not much difference, anyone got any tip? tried to run without the temp sensor plug, but same problem

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not sparpluggs, they are new, cail packs looked new, looked for cracks and such, anyway to test em?
the Afm i will recheck the wiring of, checked the solderings for the connector but they were good

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
02 sensor is common when engine is warm as goes into closed loop mode or something. get it to the point where its happening then disconect it, see if problem goes away. also if you disconect your afm when engine running it should nearly or will cut out, if it doesnt it needs a clean or resolder.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tried disconnecting it, no differennce, got a bit more "pops" in the exhaust, also tried disconnecting afm, engine almost stalled, but didnt stop just started idling very bad

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
not sparpluggs, they are new, cail packs looked new, looked for cracks and such, anyway to test em?
the Afm i will recheck the wiring of, checked the solderings for the connector but they were good
You can get a temporary AFM fault, which is a real b*stard to diagnose because I had one when I first bought my GTR. There are 2 AFMs on GTRs, which made finding the fault twice as hard for me.:mad:

Ideally you need to hook up a multimeter to the AFM output. When the engine 'cuts' start happening, look at the reading, it will probably show '0' or something. It helps to have a passenger to read the multimeter, or some sort of logging system.

If it is the AFM it'll feel a bit down on power all the time and when it goes really bad, it will feel like a soft, random rev-limitting effect that just comes in when it pleases.

Worth getting a garage to take a look.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
maybe gonna try that thing with the Afm then, i checked the fuel pressure, its 3 bar, tho i only got one that sits in the engine bay so no idea what it is when boosting tho.
think no garage where i live will check my car =) pretty rare one around here, and since the motor isnt the standard one its harder, the car is orignially a R32GTS-T

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
maybe gonna try that thing with the Afm then, i checked the fuel pressure, its 3 bar, tho i only got one that sits in the engine bay so no idea what it is when boosting tho.
think no garage where i live will check my car =) pretty rare one around here, and since the motor isnt the standard one its harder, the car is orignially a R32GTS-T
A Nissan garage should be able to help you.

What area are you from and maybe I can make some suggestions?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
it should be 2.5 at idle 3 bar on boost

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just bougt some cheap ones, Ngk BCPR6ES since the engine is standard except downpipe and exhaust

1 - 16 of 16 Posts