GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just come back in from doing the prelim on my battery relocation and have seen at some point the battery has leaked and acid has started eating through the battery tray. Although not an issue for me as ill be removing it I urge you to check it all thoroughly as its a fair mess down inside my area. Looks like it will defo need a good clean out, wash and primer.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Thanks will take a look tomorrow

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
That's pretty poor....thanks for the heads up...will check mine at the weekend.

·
Registered
369 Posts
This has just happened to me also, thankfully stayed within the plastic tray. I've put this down to the internals missing from one of the vents. This was a new Nissan battery last year, binned it now and got a Exide 156 from Euro car parts.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I've just come back in from doing the prelim on my battery relocation and have seen at some point the battery has leaked and acid has started eating through the battery tray. Although not an issue for me as ill be removing it I urge you to check it all thoroughly as its a fair mess down inside my area. Looks like it will defo need a good clean out, wash and primer.
You need to neutralise this as soon as possible

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Might be worth checking the charge rate? Over charging by the alternator can cause this?

Dave:thumbsup:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Checked mine tonight cause of this thread, was wet in the tray but this was'nt from the battery but water from the vent under the windscreen.

Will keep an eye out for future reference.

Si

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
gonna check mine this weekend thanks folks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts