GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly if this is posted in the wrong section i apologise in advance but i do not want anyone elses time wasted as mine tonite.

sitting in two hours heavy traffic this evening to see this car. on arrival i was told to wait at a randomn road and then a guy in a van came and asked me to follow. followed him to some dark back street lock up.

Car apparantly been stood for six months and last driven months ago started straight away. however strong smell of fuel. owner was reluctant to give a test drive even though i offered to leave all the money up front with him. car then started to splutter, i was told it was low on fuel , but the car was sputtering for five minutes and even when he parked it in his garage. he then said he would go get fuel, i offered to go and get it for him but he said his mate was gonna bring a big army style container down???at one point i thought we were gonna get robbed!! he was also unsure of mileage and didnt know when the mot ran out.tax run out in april, also said it was never messed about with boost and always ran standard boost- but there was a boost controller which he didnt know how to work. then dissapeared and said he was gonna go himself and left. i waited around for ten mins before deciding enough was enough and told him i was going. he was only to happy that we were going.

basically the guy want the car sold from his garage without any major test of the car. dont waste your time with this one, or at least have a good chat with the owner and make up your own mind

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
any info on what actual car your on about? as you haven't exactly stated which R33 GTR is "dodgy" mate...

·
Registered
525 Posts
I don’t think its worth buying a car unless you buy it from the address printed on the logbook, meeting some guy on a random street is dodgy as f***.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
not true entirly,a number of people do store their car's in rented out garages but registed to their home

·
Registered
525 Posts
very true but I wouldn’t buy one unless it was at the address on the logbook so it cant be dodgy. If you look at the advice on the Autotrader website “Always visit the seller at their home address. Don’t arrange to meet them at a motorway service station, lay-by or any other address aside from the one where they live. Check the address is the same as the one listed on the V5C document and check the V5C hasn't been illegally amended. Read our stolen V5C certificate warning for more information.”

How to Buy a Cheap Used Car? | Cheap Car Online | Search Cheap Cars

its kind of common sense if you think about it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
dodgy

very true but I wouldn’t buy one unless it was at the address on the logbook so it cant be dodgy. If you look at the advice on the Autotrader website “Always visit the seller at their home address. Don’t arrange to meet them at a motorway service station, lay-by or any other address aside from the one where they live. Check the address is the same as the one listed on the V5C document and check the V5C hasn't been illegally amended. Read our stolen V5C certificate warning for more information.”

How to Buy a Cheap Used Car? | Cheap Car Online | Search Cheap Cars

its kind of common sense if you think about it.
yea but, if its a private sale, it may not allways be the best idea bringing strangers to your home.
can't be too carefull nowadays.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I would prefer to bring them to my home then my lock up garage as the car mite disappear after the viewing, but I guess everyone has their own options.

·
Banned
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i think you guys are missing the point, just give the guy a ring and speak t him about the car, then tell me what you think

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
why not just buy a minter from me?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts