GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought a cylinder head from these idiots a few months back listed as the following

Hks race head
Hks step 3 cams
Hks double valve springs
New valve guides
Fully ported
Tomei buckets
Hks retainers
New valve

It actually has bad port work only smoothed out, polished up second hand valves standard valve guides with bronze inserts what wouldn't of lasted 2 minutes. Hks single valve springs and hks step 3 cams.

So it was missing the new valves, bronze valve guides, retainers and tomei buckets. I contacted them and fairly said forget about the buckets and retainers you supply valves and guides and I will pay for labour for porting and fitting. Ron at rk tuning can back me up on this as the head was sent straight to him. They offered me a few hundred pound what I agreed on but 8 weeks down the line a constant phone calls I received nothing. These cowboys sell a lot of parts on eBay I would steer well clear if I was you.

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
thanks for the tip

·
Registered
720 Posts
thanks for the heads up,i presume you will be taking this to the small claims court,its the only way if they are not going to pay up,and i would bet they don't turn up,and refuse to pay in which case the judgement will fall to you,and when they don't pay you can send court bailiffs round,then it will get really expensive for them,and if they refuse to pay they will seize assets,
sorry I'm getting carried away, but its a good way to get back at them ands get your money back.

simon

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
Nice one Dan, thanks for sharing. When someone gets screwed over people should be told of their experience if at first the problem is not resolved. Sadly too many people are getting screwed over in this world of tuning. I think the forum could do more to help it members rather than siding with the tuners all the time when a genuine case is present and the customer has been shafted.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice one Dan, thanks for sharing. When someone gets screwed over people should be told of their experience if at first the problem is not resolved. Sadly too many people are getting screwed over in this world of tuning. I think the forum could do more to help it members rather than siding with the tuners all the time when a genuine case is present and the customer has been shafted.

The tuning game seems a good game to get into financially but some of these people just can't help there selfs but to screw people over. I did send them the link to this thread and I'm on a few over forum so going to post a few

Dan

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the heads up,i presume you will be taking this to the small claims court,its the only way if they are not going to pay up,and i would bet they don't turn up,and refuse to pay in which case the judgement will fall to you,and when they don't pay you can send court bailiffs round,then it will get really expensive for them,and if they refuse to pay they will seize assets,
sorry I'm getting carried away, but its a good way to get back at them ands get your money back.

simon

It's definatly something I need to look into, I take it you have a lot of experience in this?

Dan

·
Registered
720 Posts
no not lots but i do know the process,and i also know little
--its like this can't get away with it,so make sure you are pro active,it costs you a percentage of the amount you are trying to retrieve to take them to your local court.

if unsure of the process google will tell you everything.

simon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts