GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a R35 and after a week still can't remove the smile of my face. :) :)

I would however love a better sounding exhault but dont want to affect the warranty.

If its only nismo exhaults that keep the warranty intact what do they sound like and whats the cost fitted ?

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
I have recently purchased a R35 and after a week still can't remove the smile of my face. :) :)

I would however love a better sounding exhault but dont want to affect the warranty.

If its only nismo exhaults that keep the warranty intact what do they sound like and whats the cost fitted ?
Get a y-pipe, GTC or Miltek. 400 squids or so; all you need.

Nismo is £7k and sounds similar to stock.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does this affect the warranty and who in the kent area sells an fits either the gtc or miltec ?

·
Registered
690 Posts
does this affect the warranty and who in the kent area sells an fits either the gtc or miltec ?
Hi.

Warranty not an issue with a y pipe. But you will need to tell your insurer. Go on the Miltec website and they give a list of suppliers and fitters. :D

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Technically it is non-standard, so it voids the warranty, but in practice I would fit it without worrying.

It is now a very common mod and a number of HPCs fit them.

Not sure who does them in Kent.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
For nissan to deny any warranty claim through the addition of a y pipe, they would need to prove that the y pipe caused that failure.

Now i've not seen any poll, but i reckon 75% of R35 owners on this forum have the y pipe.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
I don't believe the Nismo parts actually keep UK warranty ? it's only case in Japan.

In any case the only part of the warranty that is void is on the aftermarket y-pipe.

Y-pipe / cat removal highly unlikely to be the direct cause of a VR38 or GR6 failure given the known causes of these. Although cat removal can effect AFR (recommend a remap :p)

If you fancy GTC 90mm Steel 304 Y-pipe we have dealers in your area who can fit in around 20 mins :)

[email protected]

·
Registered
78 Posts
I thought AMD were Audi/VW experts???

Loss of power higher up with a Y pipe and would need a re map....is this right?

Fitting the pipe is easy and I'm up for that but not keen on getting any old bod to re map

·
Registered
107 Posts
I thought AMD were Audi/VW experts???

Loss of power higher up with a Y pipe and would need a re map....is this right?

Fitting the pipe is easy and I'm up for that but not keen on getting any old bod to re map

They deal with a number of manufacturers which certainly includes Audi and VW.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for your replys guys Looks like ill go for the gtc ill contact them Monday to find the nearest fitting center. Any idea of cost including fitting just on the Y pipe ?

·
Registered
20 Posts

I spoke to my servicing dealer today and the situation as quoted " over 70% of our clients have fitted Y pipes or exhausts as yet no problems , Nissan will not invalidate the cars warranty if you fit a Y pipe , BUT , if any warrantable issue arises that can be directly attributed to the fitment of the Y pipe the warranty will be invalidated , unquote " . This is word for what what I was told today , all the best , B.T.W. i am having one fitted Thursday by Milltek so by all means drop me a line after then and I will let you know what its like.All the best and drive safely .

·
Registered
194 Posts
I spoke to my servicing dealer today and the situation as quoted " over 70% of our clients have fitted Y pipes or exhausts as yet no problems , Nissan will not invalidate the cars warranty if you fit a Y pipe , BUT , if any warrantable issue arises that can be directly attributed to the fitment of the Y pipe the warranty will be invalidated , unquote " . This is word for what what I was told today , all the best , B.T.W. i am having one fitted Thursday by Milltek so by all means drop me a line after then and I will let you know what its like.All the best and drive safely .
Which HPC?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts