GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im in the market for a GTR and had a look at one in a garge the other day.One question i have is its a my12 so has a bit of warranty left on it, and it also has a lichfield stage 2.If any warranty work was needed,would nissan void it,as it has been modified??

Thanks
Stephen

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Hi, im in the market for a GTR and had a look at one in a garge the other day.One question i have is its a my12 so has a bit of warranty left on it, and it also has a lichfield stage 2.If any warranty work was needed,would nissan void it,as it has been modified??

Thanks
Stephen
Yes if they can prove the modification caused the failure...you can get a Litchfield warranty that covers there mods

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Technically to void the warranty claim Nissan would have to prove the modifications caused the issue. However the attitude to this seems to vary between dealers..

In reality if the engine blows and its been re-mapped you may have problems but e.g. if the radio/electric windows etc goes then that would probably still be covered.

I would imagine the stage 2 level of mods would cause few issue, its quite a mild tune. If you are very worried about this then you could pay Litchfield for their annual warranty cover. You take the car to them, they check it over and agree a warranty to include the modifications. Give them a call to discuss.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Dealers usually use a bit of common sense with warranty. They can't not fix unrelated things like radio, headlights etc just because you've had a exhaust/remap. But if you had gearbox or engine/turbo probems you could find yourself on dodgy ground as they'll see you've upped the boost and been putting more torque through the box.

Personally I've had new headlights, bell housing and steering look done under warranty since having a full exhaust ans stage 2 tune.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys.Im thinking this GTR is going to be the one for.Going to take for a test drive and see what deal i get if it drivers ok.

Is there any other things i need to have a close look at,apart from brakes,tyres?Is the bell housing ok on the my12?

Is there a GTR speciallist in Kent or one willing to travel to check this car over for me,if i decide its the one?Also any idea on what it would cost??

Cheers

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I believe Sly of Kaizer motors is in kent. Seems to come highly recommended on the forum.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Nissan will try to get out any warranty claim.. So if we're you I'd buy a stock car if your concerned about manufacturers warranty. Or alternatively you could buy it and take out a Litchfield warranty instead if the car is cheap enough

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nissan will try to get out any warranty claim.. So if we're you I'd buy a stock car if your concerned about manufacturers warranty. Or alternatively you could buy it and take out a Litchfield warranty instead if the car is cheap enough
Yeah but cant Nissan tell if its been remapped and put back to stock by pluging into the black box?Wouldnt fancy changing the exhasut system back to stock,thats if the dealer has the oem system.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Yeah but cant Nissan tell if its been remapped and put back to stock by pluging into the black box?Wouldnt fancy changing the exhasut system back to stock,thats if the dealer has the oem system.
Nissan can check anything in the cars history...dealer can go so far but in case of warranty claim where mod is suspected of issue then Nissan will send a man from head office with an even bigger computer and they can see all the data right back to when car was first sold, and each time it was mapped...and unmapped...this is the joy of Litchfields as they cover their maps if you have their warranty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts