GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the new car home yesterday and parked it in the garage, about an hour later I took it out for a quick run and when I came back I noticed a small puddle of water on the garage floor. I am guessing that this is from the air conditioning unit, seems like a fair amount which I wouldn't have expected.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
+1.....get it all the time!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think I'll switch off the air con on the way home to reduce the amount of water or stick a tub underneath to catch it.

I have just built the garage and will be putting down ecotiles on the floor of the garage so don't want to have an area that is constantly getting wet from the air con.

Maybe a tub is the easiest solution.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Think I'll switch off the air con on the way home to reduce the amount of water or stick a tub underneath to catch it.

I have just built the garage and will be putting down ecotiles on the floor of the garage so don't want to have an area that is constantly getting wet from the air con.

Maybe a tub is the easiest solution.
Ecotiles can cope with the odd drip of water! You'd have to some precision parking to always park over the tub without knocking it over...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Get a nice workshop drip tray if you're worried, you can get rather large ones for cheap money on ebay.

·
Registered
618 Posts
You only have to worry about water from aircon if it doesnt drip. :nervous:

The water is condensated at the evaporater under the dashboard - It happens when air is cooled down.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ecotiles can cope with the odd drip of water! You'd have to some precision parking to always park over the tub without knocking it over...
my parkings not that good David, plan would have been to sling the drip tray under once parked. I think it will be fine once the ecotiles are down, and I'll just switch the air con off when coming home.

Have you got the ecotiles? I was going for Dynotiles then read that the ecotiles were better.

Marc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts