any one got any tips For cleaning Carbon fibre bonnet

have used 3 stage meguires but still can see them a litte

any recommendations ?

kind regards

beaker

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
If something like the stage 1 which is quite a heavy old chemical cleaner isn't removing the marks then it sounds like they've etched and possibly leaving a stain.... Try that Fine-Cut polish I sent up a while back if you've got any left as that may help remove the marks without being to harsh.

Hope all's well mate.

Cheers :).

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi alex hows things going

yep only used a little bit on the lights before so have some left Will try that .

hows things with you mate ?

cheers

j

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
All good thanks.... Been spending way to much on the car lately but a few nice changes to come :)... How's yours going?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
didnt think that there was too much to spend on a car ... (quickly checks my mrs doesnt Log on to GTR forum lol )

all good man will be intrested to see what she comes out like Was mint to start with :D

yeah mines all good not done much more since you saw her last .. just few little details thats all .. been spending too much on the house at the moment lol ..

are you up at the unit anytime soon ? .. or email your address mate will drop that money over still havent picked the stuff up from robs yet lol

j

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Lol... I popped up last week to see the paint guys and popped in to TR to pinch some pizza :D ... Will prob be up in a week or two to catch the paint guys again to do a few little bits.

Sort the money when I next see you... It's not a problem :).

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
What type of t-cut have you got? The old red bottle stuff needs using with care as the constant abrasive is what gives you dull patches if overused... The newer colour versions mainly use fillers to hide marks so don't actually remove them very well.

Ideally get some sort of newer diminishing abrasive that will abrade to a point then will diminish to nothing so that your left with a shine and don't remove to much clearcoat.

Cheers :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts