GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Saturday whilst driving around I saw my water temperature go up to as high as 102 degrees C. Recently I refilled my coolant but I have a sneaking suspicion I may have put too much antifreeze in, or that there was too much in there beforehand.

Either way, can anyone tell me how easy it is to drain the coolant - I couldn't see a way to do it that was immediately obvious.

Car is a R33 GTR

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
durzel

DURZEL IF YOU PUT IN TO MUCH ANTIFREEZE THAT WOULD BE BETTER FOR YOUR ENGINE AND DO NO HARM AT ALL

KEITH

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
WATER TEMP

IF YOU LOOK UNDER THE CAR THE BOTTOM HOSE HAS A DRAIN POINT THAT YOU CAN PUT A BUCKET UNDER AND USE A SCREWDRIVER TO TAKE OUT THE DRAIN PLUG.
DONT DO WHEN HOT

WHEN YOU REFILL YOUR RAD ON YOUR CAR YOU NEED TO VENT THE HEAD JUST BACK FROM NUMBER 1 INJECTOR YOU WILL SEE A 10MM BOLT TAKE IT OUT WHEN THE ENGINE IS COLD FILL RAD TILL WATER COMES OUT OF THE HOLE THEN REFIT THE BOLT TOP UP RAD THEN FIT CAP THEN CHECK THE EXP BOTTEL TO MAKE SURE IT IS UP AT THE FULL MARK

KEITH

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
So that's what that little nut with the 'Do Not Open When Hot' label is all about.

Keith,

You need to get out more mate ;)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Might be worth checking to see that the rad is not clogged up with dead flies, muck and other debris which restricts the airflow through the vanes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts