GTR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waved goodbye to my GTR, sad. But I know I have made the right decision.

Hope graham 666 gets as much fun with it as I did. Enjoy mate

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What racing you taking part in mate?
With time being tight for work, I'm looking at joining my mate in Superstox.

He's going to run me in his car for a couple of races this year and see how we do.

Just a pic of a random car

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Waved goodbye to my GTR, sad. But I know I have made the right decision.

Hope graham 666 gets as much fun with it as I did. Enjoy mate
Only had time for a really short run before locking it up. Sunning it up in salou now. Roll on next week when I get home and can get it out again to enjoy it.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Sad to see you go Ja5on, but you have your reasons which will sit comfortably with you.

I've not managed to not own a GTR for about three years now despite being on the verge of saying goodbye to number 4.

The current reasons to go is my strongest yet, yours seems feasible too.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sad to see you go Ja5on, but you have your reasons which will sit comfortably with you.

I've not managed to not own a GTR for about three years now despite being on the verge of saying goodbye to number 4.

The current reasons to go is my strongest yet, yours seems feasible too.

Good luck!
Dont get me know mate I know I'll miss it. But ive come to realise ever since I started working offshore and stopped racing Ive spent a fortune on fast cars. So my thinking not is why spend the money on a road car when I could spend it on going racing.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Makes sense.

It's difficult to accept that as car lovers we have to attribute a price the fun we have in them.

Ultimately, for the amount I use my GT-R, I'd be better off buying a proper kart and going racing in that when I feel like it.

Would be much cheaper and I suspect a lot more fun for me.

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Makes sense.

It's difficult to accept that as car lovers we have to attribute a price the fun we have in them.

Ultimately, for the amount I use my GT-R, I'd be better off buying a proper kart and going racing in that when I feel like it.

Would be much cheaper and I suspect a lot more fun for me.
Yeah, been there and done the karting thing. Raced in the British and Scottish champion ships. Stopped when I started working offshore, but ultimately I couldn't afford the £££ needed to stay upfront.

I had one chassis and one engine. The guy I raced for had 1 spare engine. The guy that finished 2nd to me in the 06 championship turned up to the first race of 07 with 3 different karts in his van, all with an engine. Mental.

A competitive 2nd hand stock car with spare package £4k. A brand new kart chassis without engine........£4k.:runaway:

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
the problem with the kart though is unless your build like a stick, then your going to be slow in a competitive environment. Atleast in the GT-R the bulk/hulk doesn't really matter

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
With time being tight for work, I'm looking at joining my mate in Superstox.

He's going to run me in his car for a couple of races this year and see how we do.

Just a pic of a random car
That looks like a lot of fun mate. Wish you all the best and keep us posted once you get underway ; )

1 - 19 of 19 Posts