GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been tracking prices on my 67 plate track edition with WBAC. The numbers have been increasing in recent months and they've just offered me £69k. The car has only done 15,000 miles but this looks like a mistake as c.£65k would be about retail. If you're selling it might be worth giving them a try.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
I'm convinced the prices of the R35's have levelled off and are on the up. I started a thread a week or two ago. Webuyanycar like standard looking cars though, they knock chunks off for non-standard wheels, body parts and wraps, tinted glass etc. But they do seem to offer more each month.....

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm convinced the prices of the R35's have levelled off and are on the up. I started a thread a week or two ago. Webuyanycar like standard looking cars though, they knock chunks off for non-standard wheels, body parts and wraps, tinted glass etc. But they do seem to offer more each month.....
Agreed. Their offer went up £10k on my car which looks like a mistake. I may take it up to them to see what they deduct for the non std brakes, splitter and 4.25 tune.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
They have a tendency to drop the prices once you actually take your vehicle to one of their centres. Personally I would take their initial valuation with a pinch of salt.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They have a tendency to drop the prices once you actually take your vehicle to one of their centres. Personally I would take their initial valuation with a pinch of salt.
I'm going to go and see what they say. They do have a reputation for picking minor fails and taking big numbers off the price.

·
Registered
304 Posts
it doesn't only seem to be R35's as a thread on the Pistonheads Porsche forum have been saying the same. I also have a Mustang and a few people have received the best offers for their cars and taken WBAC up on their offer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
No doubt though prices have leveled off and are on the increase, have noticed this for other sought after cars (Focus RS Mk2, M2 - pre comp version...) seems people want these iconic cars before we are all forced down the boring self drive electric rubbish.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi,

Just for curiosity if someone can confirm me this please.

Has anyone there in UK buy Lhd cars?

Thanks in advance.

Take care :)

Regards,

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm going to go and see what they say. They do have a reputation for picking minor fails and taking big numbers off the price.
we have sold two cars to wbac (not GT-R) and they have given us the best price vs public and garage for a ralliart GSR Mitsubishi and also Peugeot 3008. By about £1k after they knocked of some money for minor faults.

if you need to sell, expect some knock off but we found (for prices around 15 - 20k) they were very good. Of course prices above are another thing.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've been tracking prices on my 67 plate track edition with WBAC. The numbers have been increasing in recent months and they've just offered me £69k. The car has only done 15,000 miles but this looks like a mistake as c.£65k would be about retail. If you're selling it might be worth giving them a try.
Further to the post above I took the GTR to WBAC yesterday. The offer came down from £69k to £68k before the inspection as I corrected the mileage since last month, and added a few bits of damage - paint chips mainly.

The car is on GT09 SKY and was registered on 1 September 2017. The car has had 3 owners - the first was a Nissan Dealer and the next 2 are Forum members. Mileage is 15,850 and the car has a carbon boot and spoiler.

The car had a Litchfield 4.25 tune running around 680bhp. To make the car legal I went back to an OEM y pipe and back box which will have reduced the power to c.620bhp. This was partly because of the noise and partly the illegal emissions.

Additions on the car include a Litchfield carbon splitter, a front castor kit, Eibach ARB's, Alcon discs with RS29 pads as well as 265/305 Michelin Cup 2 tyres. The car also has a Ghost 2 immobiliser.

The car is in very good condition with inevitable wear and tear after 45 months of use. The tyres and front brakes will need replacing in 6-12 months.

The lady at WBAC gave the car a comprehensive inspection taking around 30 minutes. This included testing the paint depth and carefully inspecting the car inside and out. A range of additional stone chips and marks were spotted together with some interior trim marks on the seats and centre console etc. She also picked up damage on the alloys from tyre removal and a small knick from a kerb.

WBAC placed no value on the number plate and were happy for it to be retained although the price would inevitable change change while waiting for the new V5.

As I said in my initial post, I thought my car was probably worth £65k retail even with the extras. What do you guys think my car is worth and what do you think WBAC offered ?

·
Registered
304 Posts
All things considered from what you described and if you wanted a hassle free sale I think the offer is very fair TBH. You may get more from a forum member who would be less likely to mess you about. What are you going to replace it with?
Further to the post above I took the GTR to WBAC yesterday. The offer came down from £69k to £68k before the inspection as I corrected the mileage since last month, and added a few bits of damage - paint chips mainly.

The car is on GT09 SKY and was registered on 1 September 2017. The car has had 3 owners - the first was a Nissan Dealer and the next 2 are Forum members. Mileage is 15,850 and the car has a carbon boot and spoiler.

The car had a Litchfield 4.25 tune running around 680bhp. To make the car legal I went back to an OEM y pipe and back box which will have reduced the power to c.620bhp. This was partly because of the noise and partly the illegal emissions.

Additions on the car include a Litchfield carbon splitter, a front castor kit, Eibach ARB's, Alcon discs with RS29 pads as well as 265/305 Michelin Cup 2 tyres. The car also has a Ghost 2 immobiliser.

The car is in very good condition with inevitable wear and tear after 45 months of use. The tyres and front brakes will need replacing in 6-12 months.

The lady at WBAC gave the car a comprehensive inspection taking around 30 minutes. This included testing the paint depth and carefully inspecting the car inside and out. A range of additional stone chips and marks were spotted together with some interior trim marks on the seats and centre console etc. She also picked up damage on the alloys from tyre removal and a small knick from a kerb.

WBAC placed no value on the number plate and were happy for it to be retained although the price would inevitable change change while waiting for the new V5.

As I said in my initial post, I thought my car was probably worth £65k retail even with the extras. What do you guys think my car is worth and what do you think WBAC offered ?
All things considered from what you described and if you wanted a hassle free sale I think the offer is very fair TBH. You may get more from a forum member who would be less likely to mess you about. What are you going to replace it with?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

WBAC offered £68k before the inspection. What do you think their offer was after they'd looked at it ? SKNAM has pitched for £63,500.

·
Registered
304 Posts
WBAC offered £68k before the inspection. What do you think their offer was after they'd looked at it ? SKNAM has pitched for £63,500.
I'll go for £66,500 given that you said it was worth £65k and on I believe you said on another thread you sold it. Don't keep us waiting too long!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts