GTR Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
...I paid 65k for an 8000mile my17 in white with full ppf nearly 3 years ago,figured I would be lucky to get 55 today

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
It would be interesting to know, I thought they usually knock off a fair amount when it comes to it but I am probably wrong this time. I am going to stick to them dropping so I will say £62,500.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'd heard plenty of stories of how WBAC mess people about and a £10k increase in the valuation of my car between April and May looked like an error. After the inspection WBAC made a bid of £66,300 and gave me the option of taking my plate and the Ghost off the car. After a little bit of haggling they increased the offer to £66,800 when I queried some of the reductions and agreed to leave the Ghost on the car. The plate wasn't expensive and I decided to let that go and I sold the car with a £100 transaction / payment fee. I doubt I would have been offered more had I put the car on the Forum as I think this is all the car is worth and some, particularly given it will need some tyres and front brakes soonish.

If you've spent a fortune on mods this route won't work for you as WBAC aren't sophisticated enough to value them. For a standard car you should definitely give them a go. They may not pick up common GTR faults like worn tyres on the inside. Its worth tracking the value of your car with them as you never know what they may offer (y)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
...I paid 65k for an 8000mile my17 in white with full ppf nearly 3 years ago,figured I would be lucky to get 55 today
See my response above. If your car is standard you may get a decent bid from WBAC. The PPF should also eliminate price chips for front damage.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I'm convinced the prices of the R35's have levelled off and are on the up. I started a thread a week or two ago. Webuyanycar like standard looking cars though, they knock chunks off for non-standard wheels, body parts and wraps, tinted glass etc. But they do seem to offer more each month.....
Mine has lots of non standard stuff on it and they happily bought it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I'll go for £66,500 given that you said it was worth £65k and on I believe you said on another thread you sold it. Don't keep us waiting too long!
An excellent guess. I thought it was worth £65k retail from a dealer. I never expected to get nearly £67k.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I bought my car 7 months ago its a 2012, offered 3K more than I bought it for.
I'm a member of a number of FB Groups including the Golf R and M5 ones. There are plenty of stories about the prices being on the up on sites like WBAC. In my experience they offer a slightly higher figure within a week of your first offer. Problems on new car supply and dealers restocking have helped to boost used prices.

I got almost what I paid for my track edition 2 years ago. 👍

21 - 32 of 32 Posts