GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only had my car for a couple of weeks…. but I have a major problem with it. I brought my GT-R for pure enjoyment, and boy does it deliver! In fact - too much. It’s sitting on my drive with it’s cover on and I’m at work with my company car - 3 series BM. Yet, it keeps calling out to me!!

So; I am curious;

Do you use your GT-R as an every day or as your main car? Or;

Is it a fun weekend car or for occasional track days?

Your experiences may help… I am feeling like a teenager again.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Every day for me, use to do the 2 car thing but weekends got busy and before I knew it I was using the car less and less.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I used it whole year as track and weekend toy. mostly as track car. But now i feel I was wrong, the car does not want to be driven 15 times a year on track and sometimes street. The car wants to be driven daily and sometimes on track...

so now I'm in process of change to make my GTR daily driver and my small Audi will leave to one guy in company .... still keeping my big audi as family car :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Every day car for me, I got big powered R33 and R32 track/race cars.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Strictly for the weekend, as i dont need a weekday car so purely for a bit of fun!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mine's a company car.

/me shrugs

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Everyday driver for me. But its getting on my pissing nerves having to spend my entire life stuck behind some numpty. And the roads in Bucks are slowly smashing the car to pieces. Damn it.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Defo every day car but after putting 13k miles on it in the first 5 months need to cool it or it'll depreciate too much over next 3 years or so.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Defo every day car but after putting 13k miles on it in the first 5 months need to cool it or it'll depreciate too much over next 3 years or so.
Thats some impressive mileage! :thumbsup:

Mine's everyday car too - did look at the 2nd car thing but for the amount that would cost I'll be a whole lot happier spending it on v-Power, tyres and servicing on the GTR :clap:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Every day car for me . Thought about getting a cheap runaround, because in the past always had something special and something more common for every day use. However,because of health probs only doing limited mileage. So I dont see the point of that, otherwise I'll never drive it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting... what's the highest mileage GT-R on the Forum I wonder???

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Someone was selling a UK car first registered in mid June 2009 on Pistonheads that had 19k on the clock - thats 55k per year!!

D

·
Registered
93 Posts
I consider it an everyday car, but i also have a laguna estate for trudging up and down the motorway where there is no chance of having fun or if i need to visit B&Q. So use split journeys 50:50 between the two. I share a stripped and tunned 200sx for going to trackdays but i'm itching to try the GTR on the track..... once those dunlops are nearly done i think it would be rude not too :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmmm... Good Point

1 - 18 of 18 Posts