GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Off down santa pod for weekend to have a play with both the cars so hoping for dry weather any body else going:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm there Sunday and I'll be keen to see some R35's show them all how it's done. What colour is your R35 and are you running tomorrow or Sunday? My girl's younger brother will be there running his modded black Mk5 Gti (300bhp) as I got him tickets for xmas. Couple of years since I ran mine there and a year since I sold her on but I'll be the bloke in the stands that talks a good race :). Hoping for some bright and dry spells to see some 'exotica' run some decent times.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sants pod

Hi Bren we are down all weekend running both the s15 and the r35 colour is bayside blue and the s15 is the sumo backed one come and say hello cheerts ****:wavey:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I go to Pod a lot but this weekend is the one a year I keep away.

The 'Fast Show' is generally full of crap that runs on average high 14's 1/4's with a large mix of others in the 15 - 19 second region.

So I question why it's called the 'Fast Show' when it's the one weekend of the year you'll see the slowest motors heading down the strip.

Not only that it's packed so your limited to 3 runs instead of unlimited, you'll queue instead of 15-20 mintues around 1hr 30 - 2hrs to get a run down the strip.

And all those usual surprise cars you see turn up at a RWYB like Nobles, Ferrari's, Lambo's, etc, stay well clear of these events.

Hope you enjoy your day but on the way in tell Santa Pod to rename it to the 'Slow Show' then at least it'll be correct.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
The 'Fast Show' is generally full of crap that runs on average high 14's 1/4's with a large mix of others in the 15 - 19 second region.
I find that the days to go are the regular RWYB days as the "show" days are always too busy.

Did smile reading your post above.
I know a few people going and they all struggle to crack 15 seconds.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
My friend wanted a sub 20 second time in him 'stanced' Polo last year, ran a 19.998 and was ecstatic. The chap in the 1.2 Fiesta in the other lane hammered him with a 17.8 second time.

Think terminal times were around 60mph and 70mph. Its painful to watch, will have to find the youtube video.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
That must be like watching paint try, or on a good run, like watching a kettle boil.

Surely the terminals must be more than 70 in 20 seconds?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
My friend wanted a sub 20 second time in him 'stanced' Polo last year, ran a 19.998 and was ecstatic. The chap in the 1.2 Fiesta in the other lane hammered him with a 17.8 second time.

Think terminal times were around 60mph and 70mph. Its painful to watch, will have to find the youtube video.
I can imagine.

I used to run my diesel Skoda Fabia down there in 13.6 seconds and such was the class of cars I was nearly always faster than the car in the other lane.
Which did tend to upset them a bit as I had a 1.9 diesel. :chuckle:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sat is normal rwyb sun is show so we will shakedown s15 after a few tweaks in the winter as for the r35 first time to run in anger and test new software get it ready for later in the year

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm there Sunday, on the antistock stand, been waiting months to launch my car and I reckon this will be the ideal place. Also got to put my mates 400hp evo 9 to bed, he thinks he's in with a chance but I'm not convinced!!

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I'm there Sunday, on the antistock stand, been waiting months to launch my car and I reckon this will be the ideal place. Also got to put my mates 400hp evo 9 to bed, he thinks he's in with a chance but I'm not convinced!!
I wouldn't imagine you have much to worry about. :)
Particularly as you have over 600bhp to haul that big car down the quarter mile.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Fingers crossed, can't wait to launch it, think I might try and rig up my mates go pro up to it somehow to see what it sounds like on the outside, harf tempted to let my mate take it up the strip but my hearts overruling my head ATM! :confused:

·
Registered
907 Posts
I can imagine.

I used to run my diesel Skoda Fabia down there in 13.6 seconds and such was the class of cars I was nearly always faster than the car in the other lane.
Which did tend to upset them a bit as I had a 1.9 diesel. :chuckle:
That's an impressive time i was running mid to low 13's in my Z4M coupe when i was there two years ago.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I thought you were exaggerating when you said we would que for two hours for a run! An old corsa did lose it's gearbox behind on the track tho so that didn't help! :chairshot

1 - 16 of 16 Posts