GTR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car out for a drive last night. all was fine, I put it into "high" boost (1 bar) on the boost controller and rather than boosting up and holding 1 bar, at about 0.7 bar the boost starts to surge and then drop going up and down perhaps changing by about 0.3 bar up and down.

very strange. The car was inspected the other day (similar to an RAC inspection). Now the guy didnt know anything about skylines and generally just did the normal car checks. Now I staid with him to make sure he didnt nick the car or do anything silly but there was a long period where he was sat in the car and I am sure he had a multimeter type device. I dont know what he was doing, but I have a nagging feeling in my head this is where he has touched the boost controller or something.

The only thing is, I can see that the boost controller would be able to do what its doing to the boost in a controller fashion.

I want to fix this pdq as someone is looking to finalise the purchase within the next week or so. Im thinking its the boost controller (which was 2nd hand when I bought it and is a very very early hks evc jobbie) on its last legs and the boost solenoid not working right.

anyone else agree? Or have any suggestions. Really could do with some decent advice here please.

thanks
martin

·
Registered
45 Posts
Same problem!

I've got the same problem with my HKS EVC 3. Did you manage to sort the problem out and if so how? Does anyone else have any suggestion?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts