GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As there have been a few delays getting the starlet, i thought i'd go back to Crail to give the car one more blast before she goes at the start of next week!
It was a nice hot sticky afternoon, so i thought i'd go for broke, warm the tyres up with some smoking action etc!

My previous best was a 14.9 quarter at 90 odd MPH, but this time my first run of the day was a 14.7, and my next run after that was a 14.4 at about 100 i think, my speedo showed 105 but its not entirely accurate! I think I may have been the fastest relatively standard GTS-T R33 there!

I am starting to wonder why i'm getting rid of it, I really am starting to get the skyline bug! If money wasnt so tight!!
The J-tuner guys were also there, but didnt really do much or speak to anyone, looked like they couldnt be arsed if I was being completely honest!!

I will have to do some work to the starlet to get 1/4 mile times like this I think!!:clap:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yet another poor day at Crail for me yesterday.

My idea of taking the exhaust out the front of the car has made traction issues even worse. The technique I used at USSC in which I bogged the car off the line no longer works as there is no lag from the turbo what so ever anymore...never mind.

For some reason, I had serious issues with bad wheel hop about 100 yards down track in the right lane and on the third attempt in the right lane, the n/s driveshaft had had enough, and decided to shear in two then depart the vehicle all together.

Oh well, I think I will call it a day until I get some bigger tyres and proper front suspension as I am just wasting my time at the moment.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Poor day for me as well, clutch gave up on the 2nd run.
At least the weather was good.

Charlie.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts