GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thoroughly enjoyed the day at Kemble yesterday and would like to say a big thank you to Peter. The atmosphere was very relaxed and everyone was so friendly.

This is a club that I'm proud to be a member of.

Plus..........., Winning 5-1 against Germany afterwards was the icing on the cake!!

All in All a great day!

Regards to everyone I met yesterday.

Jamie Martin.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Agreed. Organising groups of people is like trying to hard boil ice, so respect goes to Peter for his efforts.

I turned up around 3pm in my new Bayside, and was soon interviewed for the Duke video on Trackdays/Skylines (felt like an imposter compared to those hardcore among you)

The map to the track was a MUST as it must be the most hidden track in the world ever. Even the farmer in the tractor 50 yards from the track didn't know where it was (that, or he was being particularly awkward).

I reckon Donington would make a nice track if you're planning on another day

·
Registered
994 Posts
Kemble

:D Thanks Peter,

The day started with at least 15 or so Skylines cruising along the M4 & some how we managed not to get lost & found the place!
Safety in numbers I suppose?

A bit of fun was had by all...........I would love to see some photos.

Then it was time to go home,5 GT-R`s in convoy back down the M4 towards London & no "plod". Days don`t get much better than this!

Thank you very much,

Henry.

:smokin:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
We enjoyed so much!

Hi there,

We really enjoyed yesterday!
And thank you for Peter and other members to cooperating with our interview and chatting.
In fact, I really wanted to drive our GTR there!
Our GTR will arrive in the UK end of September.
We hope we can drive our GTR soon at track day.

The article will introduced on Japanese car magazine called "Car Sensor".

Please feel free to keep in touch with us!

Finally, would you please give me your interview sheet who couldn't pass it to me yesterday?

Rob, Hitoshi and Shin

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Track Day

Peter,
I would like to say thanks for a super day,I had so much fun and a good intresting chat with most of the members,
a good interveiw with RIO from the gladiators plus a signed photo
of her, unfortunatly she had her kit on
regards
Gary

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Favor about article for Japanese car magazine

Hi there,

Thank you for cooperation about interview on Saturday.
By the way, I've not received questionnaire from two
person yet.

The reg. No. is below :
W421SBC, RWM995

I'm sorry for posting your reg. No. here.
If it is not good for your privacy, please offer me to delete this post.

Sincerely,
Shin

·
Registered
758 Posts
Kemble Track Day

Many Thanks for all your efforts Peter.

An excellent day. I think we frightened a few punters with 15 Skylines blasting down the M4. (especially Henry trying to toast them with his flameouts).

O.K. the track was a bit tight, the runway runs didn't materialise for most of us, but the day was still excellent value for money and great entertainment.

Looking forward to the next one already.

Vincenzo.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
kemble track day

Hello Peter.

Just wanted to thank you & anyone else involved in arranging the track day.

It was my first trackday & I thoughrully enjoyed it,as did most others,judge by previous comments!

Well done mate.

Rgds

Paul

p.s Whens the next one???:)

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Thanks for the kind words guys, I'm glad you enjoyed the day! Although I thoroughly enjoyed the day, I have to admit to being a little disappointed with the venue and a few other aspects of the day.

I shall take these matters up with ET with a view to possibly securing some concession against a possible future date perhaps back at Kemble or at another venue. The advantage with Kemble is the no noise limit as, judging by the volume of some of the GT-Rs there on Saturday, some may fall foul of the limits set by circuits such as Bedford, Donnington, etc.

The aspects which disappointed me particularly were:

1. The availability of the runway for high speed runs was an important aspect of the day which was made patently clear to ET from outset. When I arrived, Graham, the guy running the day on behalf of ET, knew nothing about us wanting to use the runway at all. Although he managed to cleared it with the tower, as they have control of the runway, two hours later he told me that this would no longer be possible as it is a requirement for the Hunter that prior to taking off and landing, the runway needs sweeping if it has been used by vehicles. As it was to take off at 3.15 pm and to return at 4.15 pm, this made it impossible for us to use it after 2.30 pm. This is why we took the decision to do the runs at 1.00 pm as waiting any longer would have meant we would have had no opportunity later.

As planes (obviously I guess) had priority over us and all of a sudden the skies over Kemble looked more like Heathrow on a summers day, it turned into an extremely frustrating time not least for those who did not want to do the timed runs and for those who waited for ages in the queue only to be told that we'd run out of time so I apologise for this, probably, the worst aspect of the day.

2. Despite being promised a, and I quote, "venue which has been set up for full time, permanent use for motoring i.e. clean, no cones, high quality surface and a track that not only has corners but goes up and down too!", it didn't live up to this description at all really. It was probably the dirtiest circuit I've ever driven on. I thought that the layout prior to the break for timed runs was great but the afternoon layout was too tight, even dirtier with practically no room to overtake.

3. Two instructors were originally included which was reduced to one in the week prior to the event. When I mentioned this to Graham, again he was unaware of us being promised the services of an instructor and said that it would be difficult as he was the only instructor there and he was running the day. Did anybody actually want or get any instruction?

Anyway, ET are laying more new tarmac in the near future so perhaps, given a few more weeks, things will be better there.

I was surprised at how little queuing there was to get out onto the track which does make me think that perhaps next time, if we were to return there if ET can assure us that we get that which was promised and the track would be cleaner and more suited to our cars, we could get even more GT-Rs together at an even lower cost (£70 ish) or invite other makes next time.

Thanks for coming along and I'm glad there were no major problems for anybody; see you at the next one!

Cheers.

Peter.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Track Day

Peter,
just to echo all the above comments, superb organising on your behalf and spot on with your comments
..............Thanks again for the day, Ill donate the STAR out of wroestar to you!!!!!
wroe - less star ..(well for today anyway)
:D :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
great day, Peter

Just wanted to add my thanks for the huge effort in organising Saturday. I know how difficult it is to organise so many people, but the turn up was magnificent.
I agree that Easytrack should be taken to task for such blatant misrepresentation. I was particularly annoyed that there were so many tyres marking the course. You ended up having to be MORE careful than you would on a normal race track, notwithstanding the extremely tight nature of the course.
But overall I would say the day was a great success and I'm pleased you allowed a few non-Skylines out. ( Nana's Civic was hilarious!)
Roll on the next track day, this is what Skylines are for!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well don Peter E

Thanks Peter:D

What a realy good fun day!! the People the Cars the hole thing came together to make a cracking day out!!

Well Don Peter!:D

My Wife got four laps after the last flag so she thought that was just the best thing in the world She got to about 95 MPH and did a bit of side ways action! So now I don't have to get a pass for Skyline days out, but will have to let her have a drive!:rolleyes:

It was my first time on the Track with my 33 and I do have to agree with Peters coments, But this did not make the day any less Fun for me!! Role on the next one!!

Bruce and Xanthe

Some pic's of the day to come soon!!

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Bruce,

Stop complaining about Xanthe and track day passes and all that - You've got it easy mate!

Business opportunity!

Would Xanthe be prepared to do Girlfriend and Wife's of GTR owners seminars on the benefits of spending whole shopping days in the middle of a testoserone filled air field!!!

My girlfriend doesn't even have a driving license, so I am really starting behind the line!

Say, £50.00 per femail, give us all a date and we'll bring the women over!

Anyway, a great day and thanks for letting me navigate the circuit through your side windows!

All the best

Jamie.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Big Thanx to Peter

Peter,

Thank you for all your hard work and patience. This was my first meet with you Guys and I had a fantastic time. Everyone was friendly, and I even managed to get a ride in a few cars.

Once a big thank you for a tremendous effort:) :) :) :)

Can't wait to the next one!

p.s. do any GTS-T's ever race, or are they completey out-classed?:confused:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Little Comment

Just a small comment to say thank you. An excellent time was had even in my Tuscan.

Good to meet you all and put faces to the names.

Please can someone organise another one soon.

Regards,

Rupert:D

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Short and Sweet

Yeah Top Day Peter. Good to meet some of the guys and girls haven't met before as well as the regulars.

Glen.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Kemble Pics

Thanks for an excellent weekend everyone - nice to meet a lot of other petrolheads.

Thanks to Bruce and Xanthe for "having" me - cheers mates

I have about 60 digicam shots and another 36 on Bruce's SLR with telephoto - will run them through slide scanner, whip the plates off an burn a few CDs for a few "select" members ;-)

I got some good action shots including a Ferrari that spun right in front of us then did a passable lawnmower impression

I also have Jamie closely inspecting some cones and tyres!

Phil

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Fiat lawnmower

Ah, that would be me then! Phil, if the photo came out clear enough, we may consider it's use in "evo". Please send me a CD when you've burned it. I love airfields! (emphasis on the "field")

1 - 20 of 62 Posts