GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some of you will know this as Jae's ex-motor - I've recently had a few bodywork issues with the car rectified thanks to Knight Racer who also added a few little additions which I wanted to make the car my own. In no particular order these were Jun style skirts, Nismo rear spats, carbon rear spoiler blade & end caps and Aerocatch bonnet pins. Also has the windscreen removed and A pillars re-finished, splitter replaced with a new spare Bomex style and rear arch corrosion dealt with. The car was already great when I brought it and I know these additions won't be to everyones taste but I am happy with the result.

Yesterday and today I've been braving the wintry weather to fit new wheels and some GT-R decals courtesy of a good mate of mine. The car needs a correction detail once the weather gets better so not quite perfect for me yet but I thought a few little pictures would be in order.

Poor light today so not the best - look out for some better pictures when spring finally gets here!

Car before (already looking good!):

And now!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
That looks great :) I think the sideskirts were a very good move, they've really beefed the car up alot. Perfect design IMO on your car :thumbsup:
Are those 19" alloys? They look superb :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks Cliff, yes I went for 19" in the end after mulling over the merits of reverting to 18" for handling vs. the cosmetic look now I have some chunky skirts.

Your car has actually been a bit of an inspiration believe or not - as you've helpfully put of pictures of your wheel choices and side skirt discussions, I fell in love with Rota's (settled on GTR instead of Grid) and really wanted some 400R skirts - alas I ran out of luck tracking some replicas down and couldn't really wait to save up for the genuine articles. The Jun skirts look Ok now they're painted however.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Ah superb then :D I actually prefer your skirts to my 400R set. I didn't know they even did Rota GTR in a 19" !!!! I thought they must be a Nismo LMGT wheel.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
Big fan of both the original look AND the re-vamp!

19's never really do it for me on GTR's but I am very impresed with the way they sit on your car - fair play, it looks great :thumbsup:
:smokin:

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
265/30/19 - They are a little stretched on 10" width but well within limits. Car has had 18x10 on before with 265/35 tyres. When I do come to replace them I'll go 275 probably but the Rota's have a wide outer lip.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Lovely car, very clean, :thumbsup: Where did you get the carbon sill covers from and the airbag steering wheel?

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fitted before I brought the car so can't help I'm afraid. Carbon kick plates should be easy to do so there are probably a few out there. I think the airbag Momo was a factory fit option?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Thanks mate, I'll have a hunt around, see what I can find.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Looks v nice. I'm sure i've seen this car over at knight racer about a month ago and it looked good then too. Remember the wings and alloys...

edit.......

deffo the same car as the windscreen was out too when i was there. i've seen the skirts close up and they done a real good job blending them in with the body. car does look really nice in the flesh although i didn't see the finished article which must looks the nutz now :)

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Ah, the 'Alex C' spec incarnation! Apart from my screaming "Not enough spokes! Doorstep sills!" - but that is only my preferences twitching :D I have to say that it is a joy to see the car with the bodywork sorted to meet the phenomenal mechanical spec.

It is no longer my car. And that is a good thing. Good work, Alex.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
The steering wheel was a factory fit option from Nissan Japan, done on the car a few months after it was purchased in 1996.

The carbon sills are Abbey Motorsport items, and the GT-R logos on them are touches added by Alex.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts