GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys i suppose i can post that iv found a car now since the white 992bhp R33 i had such bad luck with last year, rather than post i got it and have more bad luck to tell i chose to wait and see if she holds!

Shes a 2000 R34 GTR in blade silver, well i think thats the colour silver as theres 3 i think, shes the Dee ireland/crd (DEE 300)car that a forum member magoo had on here, probably running 600 ish bhp but she has a small mapping issue so better to be safe than sorry and get tweenie to give her a full re-map...im sure he will squeeze more from her as well as theres more potential:thumbsup:
Anyway shes only done 45k, some very nice mods, mag featured 2006 (does anyone know which issue and month as i would like to get hold of it)

Does anyone have any history for please, pm if you like..

Iv seriously had a polishing dissorder this week as i like my cars looking like brand new and polished every single day, sometimes twice a day....just ask the misses!, all new castrol edge engine oil and filter, im going to change again shortly so the oil is brand new, air con re-gassed, plugs checked but are new anyway, alloy tax disc holder and a razo R alloy gear knob added also, general look over and make better approach..
Re the mapping issue i have hesitation and fluffyness when throttle applied and a high rpm bang so needs sorting, SCS has driven the car this week with video and harveys very impressed with the car, said it drives so nice and feels so strong but added mapping needs sorting which i knew anyway, shes actually driving much better since buying last friday, this might be down to the octane booster i allways put in every tank of petrol though..
I dont have huge spending plans for the car but wheel refurb id like but thats not essential, gandor mirrors to go with the carbon bonnet would be nice..:cool:

Im still waiting for my local sue ryder car park to empty to take some nice pics to post but will do it very soon,

Lee.

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
yep i know which car that is,it's certainly nice!!

correct me if i'm wrong,it's got the screamer pipe just behind the LHS front wheel? i'm sure i've got the magaizine somewhere

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
sounds a bit rich in the map, just a touch if I am to venture a guess. Dampens the power, but of course, have it checked out, for god's sake don't remap blindly on my advice alone!! (TR will sort it nicely)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Well guys i suppose i can post that iv found a car now since the white 992bhp R33 i had such bad luck with last year, rather than post i got it and have more bad luck to tell i chose to wait and see if she holds!

Shes a 2000 R34 GTR in blade silver, well i think thats the colour silver as theres 3 i think, shes the Dee ireland/crd (DEE 300)car that a forum member magoo had on here, probably running 600 ish bhp but she has a small mapping issue so better to be safe than sorry and get tweenie to give her a full re-map...im sure he will squeeze more from her as well as theres more potential:thumbsup:
Anyway shes only done 45k, some very nice mods, mag featured 2006 (does anyone know which issue and month as i would like to get hold of it)

Does anyone have any history for please, pm if you like..

Iv seriously had a polishing dissorder this week as i like my cars looking like brand new and polished every single day, sometimes twice a day....just ask the misses!, all new castrol edge engine oil and filter, im going to change again shortly so the oil is brand new, air con re-gassed, plugs checked but are new anyway, alloy tax disc holder and a razo R alloy gear knob added also, general look over and make better approach..
Re the mapping issue i have hesitation and fluffyness when throttle applied and a high rpm bang so needs sorting, SCS has driven the car this week with video and harveys very impressed with the car, said it drives so nice and feels so strong but added mapping needs sorting which i knew anyway, shes actually driving much better since buying last friday, this might be down to the octane booster i allways put in every tank of petrol though..
I dont have huge spending plans for the car but wheel refurb id like but thats not essential, gandor mirrors to go with the carbon bonnet would be nice..:cool:

Im still waiting for my local sue ryder car park to empty to take some nice pics to post but will do it very soon,

Lee.
Well done mate... I went to see this R34 GTR (Leeds way) last Friday evening as soon as I saw it come up for sale on Pistonheads with the intention of buying outright for cash. Price seemed to good to be true for an R34 GTR. I decided to walk away from it though...

To be honest, I wouldn't have had the excess money left to put her right to my standard, after purchasing her - front splitter, alloy wheel refurb, new tyres, re-map, full service, etc.

Just a bit of friendly advice... bear in mind that the current owner has owned the vehicle since 2005 (when he bought it from Dee Ireland). Since then it has only had the engine oil and filter changed by himself every so often. No other filters or fluids have been changed on the car since. In four years.....

The owner hardly knew anything about the car. Didn't like spending money on it and thus I felt that it had been neglected. He didn't even know what mileage he bought it on - the basics.

I would get them all done ASAP along with the TR re-map - gearbox, diff, brake, coolant, clutch, etc.

The re-map may stop it running like a bag of nails, especially at idle, it definitely wasn't fueling correctly. The total dead turbo lag, even with foot to the floor, until it hit 5k RPM in every gear would have done my nut in too. Plenty of ooomph when it did boost up though!

Not sure if it was me, but it also almost sounded as though something was blowing - maybe a blown gasket, maybe not? Not sure.

Oh and watch your fingers on the screamer pipe, someone hacked the end off of it so that it isn't visable before the LHS front wheel anymore - and left it razor sharp and jagged! :(

Great specification list and low mileage as well...

Anyway, hope you enjoy her Lee. And she brings you better luck and more enjoyment than your last one mate. :smokin:

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Dee

Saw the car many times whilst Dee had it, nice looking car...Good luck with it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sounds a bit rich in the map, just a touch if I am to venture a guess. Dampens the power, but of course, have it checked out, for god's sake don't remap blindly on my advice alone!! (TR will sort it nicely)
Cheers for advice mate, will get her sorted on 23rd sept as Robs well busy!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well done mate... I went to see this R34 GTR (Leeds way) last Friday evening as soon as I saw it come up for sale on Pistonheads with the intention of buying outright for cash. Price seemed to good to be true for an R34 GTR. I decided to walk away from it though...

To be honest, I wouldn't have had the excess money left to put her right to my standard, after purchasing her - front splitter, alloy wheel refurb, new tyres, re-map, full service, etc.

Just a bit of friendly advice... bear in mind that the current owner has owned the vehicle since 2005 (when he bought it from Dee Ireland). Since then it has only had the engine oil and filter changed by himself every so often. No other filters or fluids have been changed on the car since. In four years.....

The owner hardly knew anything about the car. Didn't like spending money on it and thus I felt that it had been neglected. He didn't even know what mileage he bought it on - the basics.

I would get them all done ASAP along with the TR re-map - gearbox, diff, brake, coolant, clutch, etc.

The re-map may stop it running like a bag of nails, especially at idle, it definitely wasn't fueling correctly. The total dead turbo lag, even with foot to the floor, until it hit 5k RPM in every gear would have done my nut in too. Plenty of ooomph when it did boost up though!

Not sure if it was me, but it also almost sounded as though something was blowing - maybe a blown gasket, maybe not? Not sure.

Oh and watch your fingers on the screamer pipe, someone hacked the end off of it so that it isn't visable before the LHS front wheel anymore - and left it razor sharp and jagged! :(

Great specification list and low mileage as well...

Anyway, hope you enjoy her Lee. And she brings you better luck and more enjoyment than your last one mate. :smokin:
Hi Tiger_kpt i actually went and viewed last thursday when i saw it on ebay, i too walked away lol and ONLY because im so damn fussy with my cars!,

I know exactly what you mean by all your points as i got all the same impressions as you matey....BUT... i kicked myself after and wish id done a deal so i didnt have to go back on the friday and drive her home at 1am in the morning because after i knew i could make such a nice car of her!

Yes theres very slight blowing from turbo area, might be gasket, might be the custom tubing but il get it sorted as anything thats not right simply buggs me until its done!, owner said he didnt realise it was blowing but to be fair you only could hear it once the bonnet was up and was more predominant as parked next to a wall, tyre wise she has new fronts but rears will need changing in 2000 miles, i have changed oil and filter and will do again shortly once current oil has cleaned inside the engine, i have to disagree with your point on neglect re maintenance and spend as brand new discs and pads were just fitted, calipers all spanking new looking, had also purchased a jun plenum at £1700 and allthough not included in the sale a carbon boot (which is not my thing anyway), new tyres, but i take your point on other fluids and will get Rob to change the lot, clutch is fine, i did ask when was fronts last changed and he said never so maybe the cars hardly been used since 2005,

To be absolutely fair you simply wouldnt think it was the same car now, i have polished and polished her and the paint is like glass, iv done some little jobs, cleaned all under the arches, shes totally transformed, even the way she drives now is so different, all crome has been polished, inside shes absolutely mint, not a blemish, i do think shes not been used that much and it was there 3rd car afterall, dont get me wrong im not trying to kid myself and are over the moon with her, once Robs done his stuff she will be a car and a half!

Iv had one small drama since last week!, the lower splitter detached itself from the bumper and caused some damage to the lower splitter (anyone have a spare...maybe you upgraded to a carbon item), i noticed the bolts wernt up to holding such a large area so completely renewed all bolts and used washers also, iv re shaped the lower splitter and may start a new trend with its look:D ...pics to follow, all in all im very happy.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep i know which car that is,it's certainly nice!!

correct me if i'm wrong,it's got the screamer pipe just behind the LHS front wheel? i'm sure i've got the magaizine somewhere
If you could have a look for the mag that would be great!

I think other posts answered your screamer pipe question!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It was always a nice looking car, Can we see some pic's of now it looks now lee...
I took some pics last week and it wasnt until i got home i realised i took them in to much sun which ruined what i wanted really, il see if my photo bucket will allow me to post some shortly.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts