GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All.

As the '10 of the best' has been rescheduled to Sunday 4th August, what is everyones opinions on a Skyline meet somewhere up their.

I know that I will be staying overnight for this as will quite a few others from 'down south' I believe. Whether we can all get away from our missus's for 2 days is gonna be in question but thought this may be the ideal time for a 2002 North, Midlands, South meet aka Gaydon last year, which we must agree was a success pulling all those cars together. Could we make it bigger in 2002. I THINK SO.

Well just put up your thoughts/views and we'll go from their.

glen.

·
Registered
238 Posts
i'm not saying you have to , but if you bear with me a few weeks i'm looking to organise a hotel within 10-15 mins from York for all competitors/spectators etc, hopefully with a reduced rate as we will be almost taking over the place!
the car park will be chock full of mega cars. As a social meet it should be superb!
I will probably look at some from of security for the saturday night to look over the cars for people as well.
if this sounds likely then possibly get a list of names/room requirements as a rough guide over the next few weeks to give me an idea of numbers?

If i approach a decent hotel with bookings for around 50-100 people in total i'm sure they will look favourably at rates!

If anyone has any places in mind in that area they have used and would return to let me know please? I'm having a run over soon anyway to check some places out nr York.

obviously if the skyline group want to do their own "thang" thats fine, just let me know?
rgds
chris mann

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good Man

Dear Chris and all.

This security thing was going to be my MAIN concern. If you want to go ahead with checking out a 'secure' hotel thats fine. Only thing is that a few of the Skyliners (and GTI-R's,SX's ;) ) that may be coming might not want to stay o/night and we would like to, if it is a big meet, probably start the meet late morning. Perhaps you could check when/if you find a Hotel if we can arrange this. I know a guy who lives up that way, and their must be others here, so I'll ask him to have a check. Alternatively I suppose we could arrange the meet somewhere else and then whoever is staying drive over to the Hotel afterwards.

This is just a preliminary shakedown and all thoughts are welcome.

Come on people we've been going on about a North/South meet for ages and this seems like a great opportunity for us.

See Ya.

glen

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
North of Watford. SCARY STUFF.

Yeah it is Al. Better bring a pack lunch for the journey up ;) :D .

glen

·
Registered
234 Posts
Help offered!

Chris and all
A meeting in Yorkshire - what a brilliant idea. Chris - if you need any help re hotels etc just let me know: i'm not far from York/Elvington. Hope lots of you can make it
sammy

·
Registered
298 Posts
York

I will be there, my cousin is at RAF Linton(Lynton?) so I can stay up for the weekend of jolly good fun!

Sooner the better, nice one Glen!

Jim (invisible) Gill

·
Registered
238 Posts
sammy
very much interested in assistance/help if poss with venue.
I'm in south yorks, been to elvington airfield a few times, but dont really know any suitable hotels yet as never stopped locally.

i had in mind a decent place with room for say 50-80 cars and probably double that in guests, as most of the clubs will have a few stop overs, including the Viper and diablo owners!!!

security wise i was also thinking of arranging private cover for the entire car park for the night,(ie bods in van watching over the cars all night if necessary!
i reckon its feasible!

safety is paramount with the type of car going.

let me know a contact number if possible, we will be going there soon anyway for an afternoons testing and to check the set up we can use.

rgds
chris m
07761 789291

·
Registered
312 Posts
My knees are already knocking at the Skyline v Viper contest!:)

Even more so now a mate of mine is running his awesome red monster which is sponsored by NX Systems (Nitrous!).....

Good thing is!! there is still 4 months of development time!;)

Stu

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oooooooooh

My motor comes out next week for its build at Abbeys (glad I booked it in early as they have 8 on the go now :eek: ) so yeah Stu I am getting excited as well.

I didn't realise Diablos etc., were gonna be their. Boy if this all goes as planned it is gonna be some kind of event. Hopefully spectating ain't too limited though.

5 months and counting. Hope to have me car run in by then :D .

glen

1 - 20 of 32 Posts