GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alot of NHPC's get stick on the forum, but I wanted to give a shoutout to the GT-R tech down at Bournemouth. I had a slow puncture which went down to 8psi, I then got it sorted but the flat tyre warning would not go away. So took it to Westover Bournemouth who reset the warning, and also did a clutch learn for no charge whatsoever. Very happy with that, and all was done before I could even finish my cappuccino.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
That's good Dean, but...

I've always got on well with the NHPC at Bristol, on my last service they even gave me a Nismo 370Z as a courtesy car, very nice it was too.

A couple weeks ago, my car was in for a 'wheels off' 12k service which costs around 550 quid, plus it's 2nd optimisation. They had it for 2 days to do that. I also asked them to look at the clicking front wheels, their 'fix' for that is to grease the back of the wheels.

So, on collection of my car they charged me an extra £150 on top of the service charge for greasing the back of the wheels. As it was a 'wheels off' service anyway, the wheels are greased by default during the service. After a heated discussion I had to pay the extra 150 under duress, which really upset me because they were being paid twice for the same job.

I have since been refunded the 150 after taking it up with Nissan UK, but why the hell do main dealers want to upset their customers like that? It ruins the trust that we had built up over the last 18 months, and all for the sake of 150 quid greed.

I'll be going back there again for my next service as I trust Wes the GT-R mechanic to do a good job, but any more shit like that on the charging side of things by the workshop manager and it'll be the last time.

Incidently, the clicking returned 1 day later, as just greasing the back of the wheels doesn't cure it anyway.

The moral of the story is, it is VERY hard to stay loyal to a main dealer, in my experience they end up upsetting you sooner or later. Sorry, didn't mean to piss on your bonfire though :)

Might be down your way soon, Dave's swapped his green RS for a white GT-R now, and he wants a spin in your car if poss, to compare and decide whether he's going for a stage 1 or not :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
That's good Dean, but...

I've always got on well with the NHPC at Bristol, on my last service they even gave me a Nismo 370Z as a courtesy car, very nice it was too.

A couple weeks ago, my car was in for a 'wheels off' 12k service which costs around 550 quid, plus it's 2nd optimisation. They had it for 2 days to do that. I also asked them to look at the clicking front wheels, their 'fix' for that is to grease the back of the wheels.

So, on collection of my car they charged me an extra £150 on top of the service charge for greasing the back of the wheels. As it was a 'wheels off' service anyway, the wheels are greased by default during the service. After a heated discussion I had to pay the extra 150 under duress, which really upset me because they were being paid twice for the same job.

I have since been refunded the 150 after taking it up with Nissan UK, but why the hell do main dealers want to upset their customers like that? It ruins the trust that we had built up over the last 18 months, and all for the sake of 150 quid greed.

I'll be going back there again for my next service as I trust Wes the GT-R mechanic to do a good job, but any more shit like that on the charging side of things by the workshop manager and it'll be the last time.

Incidently, the clicking returned 1 day later, as just greasing the back of the wheels doesn't cure it anyway.

The moral of the story is, it is VERY hard to stay loyal to a main dealer, in my experience they end up upsetting you sooner or later. Sorry, didn't mean to piss on your bonfire though :)

Might be down your way soon, Dave's swapped his green RS for a white GT-R now, and he wants a spin in your car if poss, to compare and decide whether he's going for a stage 1 or not :)
I wouldn't bother taking it back to them mate you don't have to. companies like Litchfield are much better.:runaway::runaway:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Bristol HPC, in my experience, are poor. They also criticised Litchfield heavily, even though all of it was complete BS! I guess they thought I was your average sucker and would believe everything they said. I had to go there for warranty work on the steering lock but based on what they said, I would never use them for any other reason.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Personally I think it's easy for Nissan HPCs to fall into the greed trap.
They have made an investment to get to a certain point so Nissan will let them sell and service GT-Rs.

Now the number of GT-Rs being sold is reducing as the price goes up and it's a six year old model.
And as they get older (with the sales figures, the majority are older ones) the GT-R community increasingly turns to independents.

So the Nissan HPCs are stuck with a reducing customer base and the costs of being a GT-R approved dealership.
Problem is, being silly and trying underhand pricing to earn a profit on the HPC section means they are just going to screw this up any further.
And from what I've seen many of them are prone to this GT-R tax crap.

After my HPC tried to charge me over £3,000 for a set of tyres in 2012 I never went back there for anything other than buying a car and free servicing.
For anything else I went to Sly.

For me the worst part of owning a GT-R is having to deal with Nissan dealers that just see spinning £££ signs when you drive in with your GT-R. Yet you generally get Nissan Micra levels of service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts