GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to WEST WAY NISSAN OXFORD yesterday to have my Bellhousing checked and tpms reset ,they said no play in Bell housing ,but Autotorque rekon theres a fair bit of play there what do i do next the car has only done 2000 miles since i had her,(bought from there as well) and only 4000 in total .......

·
Registered
190 Posts
You could always get a sceond opinion from another Nissan HPC centre if your not happy with their diagnosis?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
What you need to do next is not go back to Westway Oxford if you love your car. My suggestion would be to use a recognised indy like Litchfield / SVM (there are others but I think these are the closest to Oxford) .Your car will still be under warranty. Ask them to check it to get an honest opinion.

I had my bellhousing changed under warranty but the replacement unit didn't last long and the whole experience was a complete nightmare (Middlehurst NHPC). I got it fixed properly by Litchfield in the end. Yes it cost me money but knowing that my car was being worked on by people that actually care and know what they're doing and it was a properly engineered fix was money well spent imo.

·
Registered
203 Posts
What you need to do next is not go back to Westway Oxford if you love your car. My suggestion would be to use a recognised indy like Litchfield / SVM (there are others but I think these are the closest to Oxford) .Your car will still be under warranty. Ask them to check it to get an honest opinion.

I had my bellhousing changed under warranty but the replacement unit didn't last long and the whole experience was a complete nightmare (Middlehurst NHPC). I got it fixed properly by Litchfield in the end. Yes it cost me money but knowing that my car was being worked on by people that actually care and know what they're doing and it was a properly engineered fix was money well spent imo.
Are Westway Oxford really that crap ?

I have my 3 year service due in 4 months and it's an expensive one ! My car has a service pack and I'm not sure where to take it for its free service ! If Nissan dealers are really that bad I may even take it to Litchfiled and pay for the service !

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Are Westway Oxford really that crap ?

I have my 3 year service due in 4 months and it's an expensive one ! My car has a service pack and I'm not sure where to take it for its free service ! If Nissan dealers are really that bad I may even take it to Litchfiled and pay for the service !
Make sure that includes all your drive line fluids if its a free one.

Have mine booked at Nissan London West for its 36 month and its £945 all in plus MOT and my free optimisation

Pricey I know, was going to go Litchfields but need some warranty issues checked out and first MOT.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've had several services done at Westway Oxford and they were always fine with me. However last time I tried to book I think they had a new guy and he couldn't make his mind up what service it was due with his estimate ranging from £200 - £1600. They didn't get my business that time. Like a lot of places it depends who you speak to

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've had several services done at Westway Oxford and they were always fine with me. However last time I tried to book I think they had a new guy and he couldn't make his mind up what service it was due with his estimate ranging from £200 - £1600. They didn't get my business that time. Like a lot of places it depends who you speak to

Well I actually phoned them this morning and spoke to an extremely pleasant and helpful lady who said my service would be free except for the MOT ; my only concern was that she said the year 3 service is a cheap , minor one ; now I've been led to believe that is not the case !

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Well I actually phoned them this morning and spoke to an extremely pleasant and helpful lady who said my service would be free except for the MOT ; my only concern was that she said the year 3 service is a cheap , minor one ; now I've been led to believe that is not the case !
Should be a G2 service, not cheap and should be inclusive of all drive line fluids if 36 month DBA.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you are going to Kent then only man you need to see is Sly @ Kaizer motors. You would be mad to go anywhere else.
Well, not that mad - I have a 3 year service pack so this won't cost me a penny ;)

Saying that - I might pop up and visit Sly after the service if he wants to do me a deal of a Titan 102mm race exhaust :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts