GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently purchased a 17 GTR like 2 weeks ago and i haven***8217;t had the chance to drive it properly. Last night I was driving down the M1 and it was Raining heavily, I was travelling between 60-70mph and it was such a handful to maintain, it really does aquaplane is this normal? I have had experience with other 4wd vehicles this was a scary one lol at the moment it***8217;s running the Dunlop***8217;s I***8217;m looking to upgrade to the Michelin PS4 hopefully this will help in the rain. What***8217;s your experience on the motorway in rainy conditions?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I don't own a GT- R, but I want one!

I think a way to help would be make your ATTESA ETS system able to go from 0:100 to 100:0 if necessary, though I am not sure it is doable. Someone please answer this!
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Just Drive Slower

Bobby

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've recently changed from the Dunlops to MPS4s on MY17 and the difference is night and day. No more tram lining, better dry and wet grip and due to the smaller circumference of the MPS4s the car accelerates noticeably harder.

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
mines fine in ze vet, just be careful :)

·
Vendor
6,274 Posts
So, when it rains you break out the umbrella & walk? Surely one of the advantages of a car is that it can keep you from getting wet when it rains???
Na I just press a button and a big umbrella pops out of the roof and covers the whole car... Lol I don't take it out in the rain I got a second car as a daily for that... Mi good old audi A3 diesel runs on fresh air and only £30 a year tax and bullet proof

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
If you've got handling issues cruising in the rain at 60-70mph on a UK motorway something is drastically wrong.
Agreed

Tyres too inflated, or no tread left are my first two thoughts

·
Premium Member
5,844 Posts
I've recently changed from the Dunlops to MPS4s on MY17 and the difference is night and day. No more tram lining, better dry and wet grip and due to the smaller circumference of the MPS4s the car accelerates noticeably harder.
what size tyres have u got on??

I've found MPS4S are good in the wet, and allow you to have fun too... Basically like MPSS but improved! Bridgestones in the wet where terrible for me.. not tried Dunlops

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for replying and for your input guys, So I just popped in to kwick fit and ordered the MPS4. I had the current rear tyre thread measured and it was just below 3mm it***8217;s shocking as I picked the car up two weeks ago from a main dealer. I guess it***8217;s also my fault for not checking before purchasing ***x1f62b; this tyre thread explains my shocking experience. I was just unsure about the drive on the car as I never owned a gtr before and this helps me clarify a few things. I appreciate your feedback thanks

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Thanks for replying and for your input guys, So I just popped in to kwick fit and ordered the MPS4. I had the current rear tyre thread measured and it was just below 3mm it’s shocking as I picked the car up two weeks ago from a main dealer. I guess it’s also my fault for not checking before purchasing ***x1f62b; this tyre thread explains my shocking experience. I was just unsure about the drive on the car as I never owned a gtr before and this helps me clarify a few things. I appreciate your feedback thanks
When you say main dealer, do you mean Nissan? If so, I thought it was their policy to not sell a Gtr with less than 5mm of tread on tyres.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes I purchased it from West Way Nissan in Manchester they told me they can***8217;t release a car if it***8217;s below 3mm and when I purchased the vehicle it had 3.1mm I feel that***8217;s taking the p*** especially now it***8217;s costing me £950 for tyres ***x1f61e;

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for replying and for your input guys, So I just popped in to kwick fit and ordered the MPS4. I had the current rear tyre thread measured and it was just below 3mm it***8217;s shocking as I picked the car up two weeks ago from a main dealer. I guess it***8217;s also my fault for not checking before purchasing ***x1f62b; this tyre thread explains my shocking experience. I was just unsure about the drive on the car as I never owned a gtr before and this helps me clarify a few things. I appreciate your feedback thanks
When you say main dealer, do you mean Nissan? If so, I thought it was their policy to not sell a Gtr with less than 5mm of tread on tyres.
They mentioned 1.6mm is the legal limit so there is ***8220;plenty of life left***8221; I have literately driven it less than 500miles. If the 5mm thread is true then I think I should forward the invoice on

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
They mentioned 1.6mm is the legal limit so there is “plenty of life left” I have literately driven it less than 500miles. If the 5mm thread is true then I think I should forward the invoice on
1.6mm is the legal limit.
The dealership that I dealt with said it was their policy to change tyres that had tread depth as low as 3 or 4mm.
I guess it may depend on what sort of deal you haggled with them.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts