GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today i drove a lovely 760 mile round trip to view this R33 gtr
Nissan Skyline GTR £7999 | eBay
i missed out on japfest to view this as it was the only day i could get off work so aswell i lost out on my ticket prices
the car was described as perfect condition
with pictures to show
i knew the issue with the front bumper that was cracked and that didnt bother me as i would change it back to stock i wasnt expecting a new car but i was certainly expecting something usable

upon arriving the car looked good at a distance its only when i got up close did the real car apear

the clutch was knackered and would barely move the car after phoning the guy 3 times prior asking about the clutch and being described to me as great with plenty of life left
every gauge in the car was broken and didn't work
the rev meter jumped about randomly and would never pass 1k revs
the side skirts was bolted on from the sides leaving them open at the doors so you could near enough pull them off
the headlights where full of water
the stickers looked crap and was used to hide the rust spots under them
the front wheel arch liners where hanging off
the wheels had been curbed to hell
the interior was by far the worst it looked like someone had taken a hammer to the center console was smashed to bit with sellotape holding it together
wires hanging out of the turbo timer and dash
alarm system had been played with and all beat to hell
oh and gratefully he left the car full of crap not washed or hoovered out inside was like a tip

the only good points to the car was the engine which was stock and clean and tidy serviced by svm but the rest was shite

please dont waste your time looking at this car

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Looks tatty from the pictures surprised you went so far to view it.

Look on the forum, you never know what your buying on ebay.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i did my research before i went to view it phoned around SVM/ ect and all good news
didnt know without viewing it

·
Vendor
3,451 Posts
hi mate

don't worry, just put it down to experience, but as above, just by looking at the car I would have not even bothered with it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
only good thing was seeing the convoy of gtr's supra's rx8 mx5s and all the other jap cars heading to japfest on the motorway

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
760 miles, I'd be fuming.
I've only just got back from a 300 mile round trip, and I'm delighted as I got the car I've wanted for a long time.

Sneaky pic (couldn't resist)

I agree with JT...£8k plus buys you a decent car, anything below (including mine) is always going to require tlc, just depends on how honest the seller is about the car, I would rather describe it as worst case, then to waste anybodies time, including mine, pretending it's something it's not, all for the love of money.

Like I said via pm, until you view it, you won't know.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
They look so dated and old.. I was a big fan of the rs500 in the 80s. But once the r31 was beginning to some times kick the rs500s ass I was fascinated by the skyline breed of cars :)

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
They look so dated and old.. I was a big fan of the rs500 in the 80s. But once the r31 was beginning to some times kick the rs500s ass I was fascinated by the skyline breed of cars :)
From the side they haven't aged well but from the front it looks every inch the beast it used to be. It's still on of my favourite looking cars purely for the front angle alone. I have a real soft spot for the Safire as well in that terracotta burgundy wine colour

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
To the OP.. I am sorry to hear of your woes.

Personally, the pictures from the eBay advert alone would have been enough to put me off right from the outset. Looks like a neglected example with some poor choice of mods.

Better to spend a little more and get a car that is more fitting to your needs. Indeed, this way can often work out to be cheaper than purchasing a POS. Sorry!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
is it possible to get one for the 8-9k price range which isn't beat to hell
i have spoken to tabz regarding his R33 but im still trying to find one.
before i had the cash spare for this their was loads for sale now they've all disappeared

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
I found that as well mate. saifeskyline got the 1st one I wanted and a German guy got the other. I budgeted 10k and ended up spending 13 though

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
The main thing is you used your head and walked away, there would be many who would have wanted a GTR so bad, that they would have bought it! The right one will come along soon.

·
Registered
633 Posts
is it possible to get one for the 8-9k price range which isn't beat to hell
i have spoken to tabz regarding his R33 but im still trying to find one.
before i had the cash spare for this their was loads for sale now they've all disappeared
Do yourself a favour and buy a 32, even top condition 33s are rust prone, just do some research on forum, save yourself a lot of expense.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts