after a 18 month wait- blinking insurance docs have
not arrived in post so can't tax and hence have it
how frustrating and taken time off work too

never wanted to c our postie as much

·
Registered
690 Posts
have you tried taxing it online ?
probably wont work as the new car will not be on the Motor Inusrance Database system that the DVLA use to check for insurance. Insurers normally update new cars once a week. Pain! My dealer got my tax without a covernote?! Don't know how they do it, but they did!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well mine don't then as they have told me they need it to tax the car and progress. Won't even take a fax or E mail copy. Apparently their dvla registration won't allow it - just gonna have to grin and bear it I fear

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the ideas tho guys I'll ring them in the morning and plead for some help or even a victory for common sense

·
Registered
535 Posts
I spent a whole day @ my dealership ( I hold the UK record for time spent picking up a New GTR) because the Insurance cover note had not arrived in the post in time and the Dealership would NOT accept nothing less than a PDF copy which the Insurance company (Admiral) swore they did not do anymore :bawling: Anyway with £20.00 worth of phone bill (mine) I eventually persuaded them to send a PDF copy of my cover so the HPC could tax my GTR .....SAGA over ..... 1000hrs pick up ended with me driving car home @ 1700hrs :D

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
tempcover.com

you can do a single day of insurance

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Insurance arrived in post this arvo so booked in for a pick up tue at 10 am
get in can't wait

·