GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished my daily lunchtime Skyline work and while I had the bottom of the dash off (wiring for foglight) I figured I'd have a quick peek at my ECU, just out of interest...

What a result!!! Mines have been at my car! I'm also pretty sure I have a modified turbo too... I need to investigate further though...

Is there any chance I could find out what this ECU is, or what it has had done to it by contacting Mines in Japan? (Shin, Dino?)

More to the point, atleast I can have a mines sticker on my car and feel smug that atleast one component has been modified by them :D

Cheers,

Dan (wondering what other goodies I can find on my car!)

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys :D The car has had quite a few freebie toys on it that I wasnt expecting - this one is best so far though!

I'm pretty sure its probably a Mines VX-ROM, but it'd be nice to know for sure :D

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Hi Dan,

That is a Mine's VX-Rom ECU. They make the VX Rom for loads of japanese cars.
Basiacally they re programme the ignition and fuel map, remove the speed limiter and in some cases increase the rev limiter. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YAY! I have a VX-ROM!

Excellent, thank you for confirming it Dino, I figured you'd be the man in the know :D

Atleast I can wear a Mines sticker with a reason now ... thats all I'm worried about!! :D

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice one luke, its truly the season of giving from Japan!

My car certainly has solid top mounts at the front with an adjuster in the centre, I need to get underneath and have a better poke around to see if its any more serious than that. Its incredibly stiff ride so I'm hoping that it might have adjustable spring pans too...

How is your car coming on?

·
Registered
223 Posts
You jammy git... ;O)

Well, looks like Im just gonna have to hope that one day, when I go out to my car, someone has nicked it, and replaced it with a GTR, maybe....... Santa.....?

·
Registered
905 Posts
!!!!!!!!

I Must have bought the ONLY standard Skyline left in Japan Ever!!!! There was NO bits on my car nowt nothing nada!!

You Jammie Sod Dan, But at least I do know what has been done to my car I suppose!!

Si

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Si,

Exactly, its a mixed blessing ... on one hand, I have a Mines ECU, which is great! On the other hand, it probably means I have a car thats been driven pretty hard :rolleyes: which isnt great.

However, its not got crazy boost so I dont think its too serious, and the abuse the RB's are capable of taking, I dont feel too bad, it runs sweet and without a rattle or clatter ... Just hope its as reliable when it becomes my only car. (!)

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Dan, well done! Slow reply=I just got round to reading this. What sort of power are you expecting now then, being as you have an induction kit/Mines ecu? Lucky sod!

Keep us posted on the MOT happenings etc.

Rob

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rob,

I believe the standard car is around 210 Bhp, so based upon the ECU and induction kit I suppose its not unreasonable to expect 220/225 perhaps. I have no idea how good/bad the induction kit is, all I know is that its a Trust/GReddy Airinx...

Keep an eye on the front page of gtr.co.uk the updates should be a touch more frequent now :D

Cheers,

Dan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts